Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Car won't start once warm up

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Did you get any response from Ivey?
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by pennies_hatchie
Tried it. Car starts but dies.

Found this about the Vpro and what's needed for SD on Ivey's site. Not sure if this might be the problem.

"For Speed Density, you would add

HKS pressure sensor/temp sensor harness - $40
HKS Wide range pressure sensor 3kg/cm 45 psi or so - $225
HKS Temperature Sensor - $65

This is all that would be needed plus tuning to get you up and running. The VPRO can be configured to read most MAP sensors and temp sensors."

Now with that said, I am running SD but do not have an upgraded MAP sensor (still have the oem 1 bar MAP), do not have the HKS temp sensor, HKS wide range pressure sensor, nor the temp harness. I'm still using the OEM temp sensor as well. Would this be the cause of it? Again, Ivey did the Vpro install and tune.
he probably rescaled the stock sensors which should work fine. you really need to start checking things like fuel pressure and buy a cheap ($20) multi meter to get this figured out. there are so many things it could be and it we cant rule out some things it will never get solved. just knowing if there is or isnt proper fuel pressure dramatically helps narrow it down.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by n2oiroc
he probably rescaled the stock sensors which should work fine. you really need to start checking things like fuel pressure and buy a cheap ($20) multi meter to get this figured out. there are so many things it could be and it we cant rule out some things it will never get solved. just knowing if there is or isnt proper fuel pressure dramatically helps narrow it down.
I've been using the multimeter to check the sensors. I'll probably go buy a fuel pressure to check to see if there's enough pressue pushing the gas out. Again, I've take the injectors out and tried starting it, no fuel coming out of them. Then one of injectors fell off (more like blew off) and fuel squirted everyone. Whether the car is acting up or if it's driving fine, i can not hear the fuel being prime. Ive even sat in the back, hand over the top of the fuel pumps and can't feel fuel being sucked into the lines at all. I do hear fuel being sucked back when they car is turned off.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Another note: I've not heard the car prime once until today. I was messing with the positive and decided to retighten the red wire from the buschur double fuel pump. Went back and started the car and heard it prime. I was like, hmmm, never heard it prime before. Went back and took off the red wire from the positive. Went back and started the car, no prime but the car started anyways. Here's the odd thing though, went back and retighten the red wire and tried priming but it did not prime. A little bit later (haven't touched the car from the last time), it primes. So I don't know why it primes and why it doesn't. Also, what's purpose of that red wire anyways? Does it control one of the pumps? Am I suppose to hear it prime? You can hear the pump once it starts as well.

Last edited by pennies_hatchie; Sep 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 01:18 PM

What did u do to solve this issue? Because I am having the same issue
Old Aug 12, 2014, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Posted in the First post by OP:

Update/Resolution

turns out, car was not holding pressure (double fuel pump). shop was able to fix this.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 03:29 PM

How did u make it hold pressure, Im on e85, speed density, and I have the double pumper, and I have the exact same problem. At cold it starts but afte r I turn the car off, I have to wait hours before I can start it. Was it a sensor?
Old Aug 13, 2014, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steveliu30033
How did u make it hold pressure, Im on e85, speed density, and I have the double pumper, and I have the exact same problem. At cold it starts but afte r I turn the car off, I have to wait hours before I can start it. Was it a sensor?
i dont believe it was a sensor but.... i did replace the map sensor with a jdm one i think. its been a while. but it was done while we removed the vpro since no one close to me could tune it and went back to tuning the stock ecu. i do not believe we swaitched out the double pump, lines, fuel rails, injectors, resistor box.

hopefully this helps
Old Mar 5, 2023, 08:02 AM

Having same issue

Basically I’m having the same issue only different is that when the engine is warm up car cranks but won’t turn on and engine start shaking really bad😞
I been changing parts and still same issue
gear cam and timing chain (done)
crankshaft sensor (done) and I’m still having the same issue 🙄 any idea what this could be ?