Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Stainless Housing

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evolve_VIII
Maybe some comments come off a whining or a read in the incorrect tone. I only put the price comparison for your manifold because I feel that your new cast manifold was designed in conjunction with this new SS housing. It would be counterintuitive to have a stock ported installed or some other brand to installed causing a restriction in this great flowing housing. That down pipe is very steep in price but obviously you do not have control over that. You should have gave the housing to other fab shops so the customer has a few choices to order the DP from.

Add a new section on your site to include a full install kit. Manifold, WG, turbo, intake, DP, hardware, etc...

I like the idea of the EWG and the dyno sheet proves it works.

When is this Zero or Zephyr going to be released? Or is it a myth?

As always, great products and quality. I am very pleased with my Black and the power it produces.
I don't think the manifold was really designed specifically for the new housing. Robert originally built it so they could get better datalogging of each cylinders exhaust back pressure.

It's not any different then other manifold, its just a good cast manifold versus others tubular ones. I highly doubt other manifolds won't well that have performed good with the standard type housings.

For everyone complaining about price I'm sure in the next 6 months you will see lots of other options from people like ETS, JMfab, along with others.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FP, as usual, sets the standard for everyone else to copy. LOL
Old Mar 1, 2014, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR
FP, as usual, sets the standard for everyone else to copy. LOL
Call it whinning. Call it whatever u want. The fact is that its not a stock appearing turbo any longrr. Looks good. Im sure it works good. Never what i was saying. But thanks
Old Mar 2, 2014, 03:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
cant FP still have an option for selling a true bolt on turbo. I was just about to get the green. I do not want to change my dp, etc. I just want to replace my turbo with theirs.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

I agree. Dumb move yet smart move. Thats a great business strategy thhough to make something that forces you to spend more money on other parts for it to be compatible. I for one will not buy an fp turbo... and i was a week away from doing so until i seen this new "standard" as others have stated its great your doing what your doing just make it an option for us still wanting the TRUE stock location turbos. If im gonna change downpipes and wgs and add dump tubes im going with a tubular manifold and a 6262 plain and simple .
Old Mar 2, 2014, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by scothu
cant FP still have an option for selling a true bolt on turbo. I was just about to get the green. I do not want to change my dp, etc. I just want to replace my turbo with theirs.
I'm in the same boat Road Atalanta with GTA is coming up soon and I need more power.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by awdordie
I agree. Dumb move yet smart move. Thats a great business strategy thhough to make something that forces you to spend more money on other parts for it to be compatible. I for one will not buy an fp turbo... and i was a week away from doing so until i seen this new "standard" as others have stated its great your doing what your doing just make it an option for us still wanting the TRUE stock location turbos. If im gonna change downpipes and wgs and add dump tubes im going with a tubular manifold and a 6262 plain and simple .
Tespond to this fp. Said perfectly. Without whinning.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

So here's my new question for FP. If we were to send in an old style turbo (still BB, just old housing) for rebuild, would the stock style housing be replaced with the new housing or would the stock housing be kept?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jason42003
So here's my new question for FP. If we were to send in an old style turbo (still BB, just old housing) for rebuild, would the stock style housing be replaced with the new housing or would the stock housing be kept?
I would assume that you would keep what you sent in , if its just getting a rebuild/refresh. I don't think they are forcing anyone into this new housing. It is like everything else just another option for our cars.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 09:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jason42003
You will get back whatever you send in to us. The SS housing is just the standard option on new turbocharger builds going forward.

- Michael
Old Mar 3, 2014, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Ok well there ya go a fix for those of us who are "whining" about the new housing. Thank you Michael.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor

I finally got word back from MHI and I got a line on a way to get the MHI 10.5TH that we've been using however it's gonna cost us $600 more to build the turbos than it did before because I have to order whole new EVO 9 Turbos. That being said if you wish to keep the 10.5 housing it will be an additional charge of $300 because I have to order a whole turbo to get the turbine housing.

This is the only way we can continue to make these turbos in the stock housings for those of you who want to retain the 100% stock appearing factor. We'd rather sell you the better performing housing but if you have to have the MHI unit there ya go.

-Michael
Old Mar 3, 2014, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
At least it gives people the option.

I like the new housing and don't care about looking stock.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Michael @ FP
I finally got word back from MHI and I got a line on a way to get the MHI 10.5TH that we've been using however it's gonna cost us $600 more to build the turbos than it did before because I have to order whole new EVO 9 Turbos. That being said if you wish to keep the 10.5 housing it will be an additional charge of $300 because I have to order a whole turbo to get the turbine housing.

This is the only way we can continue to make these turbos in the stock housings for those of you who want to retain the 100% stock appearing factor. We'd rather sell you the better performing housing but if you have to have the MHI unit there ya go.

-Michael
This is exactly why I voiced my opinion initially. You don't get to where fp is now by ignoring your customers so I figured fp would listen. Thank you Michael for coming through with a miracle for those of us who would prefer the lower performing stock housing.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael @ FP

-Michael

LOL, you just tried blasting CBRD for doing the same thing!
HA!

Quick Reply: FP Stainless Housing