Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Stainless Housing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The elimination of the TS housing was tried in the link below with good results, so maybe it's worth looking at some of that info again until further results are posted:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ck-748whp.html

Wonder how the smaller turbos will compare with this new hotside?

Last edited by Boost Demon; Feb 19, 2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by e_kobz
Cause a stock frame Evo turbo has a twin scroll housing.....and this housing is a single scroll. Notice how it's not divided?!
Just by looking at the housing and the bolt pattern/shape, it will bolt on to a stock TS manifold. The thing you loose is the TS capability. FP hasn't mentioned yet the need for an aftermarket manifold yet.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Boost Demon
The elimination of the TS housing was tried in the link below with good results, so maybe it's worth looking at some of that info again until further results are posted:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ck-748whp.html

Wonder how the smaller turbos will compare with this new hotside?
Robert stated transient response wasn't affected, but I wonder how much spool would be? Mikey lost 600rpms but gained power.

I myself am looking for a spool monster.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 06:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
It says 67mm tw only . Tht means red and black no white or green it stock stuff .

But then says all Evo 9 ..

Clarity?

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Feb 19, 2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Then maybe they got a little excited with their website .

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...e=Lancer-Turbo

http://store.forcedperformance.net/m...e=Lancer-Turbo
Old Feb 19, 2014, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cause a stock frame Evo turbo has a twin scroll housing.....and this housing is a single scroll. Notice how it's not divided?!
If you look on FP's site for the cast exhaust manifold, you'll see that under need it is the SS housing already bolted to the manifold.

Cast Manifold Link
Old Feb 19, 2014, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just because it isn't divided doesn't mean it's not compatible. This was done a few years ago on an FP black I believe.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool looking.

Last edited by TheBoz; Feb 19, 2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8426
I think this is going to pretty much kill the FP Stock Frame series. There is no way I am the only person interested in a true stock appearing setup without any interest in an external wastegate. I just got the FP cast manifold for the future use of a Red or Black on a built motor, and I really don't want any CBRD product on my car nor do I want to run a JB MAP turbo.

seanjohn, the issue is that the manifold is designed to be a twin scroll and the new housings are single scroll.
Whats the beef with CBRD products?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Tevenor
If you look on FP's site for the cast exhaust manifold, you'll see that under need it is the SS housing already bolted to the manifold.

Cast Manifold Link
Interesting, I never saw those mounted pics before. I only ever saw the pics of the manifold by it self. Goes to show this housing has been in development for some time I guess.

Originally Posted by seanjohn291
Just because it isn't divided doesn't mean it's not compatible. This was done a few years ago on an FP black I believe.
I see what you're saying now, but I just feel like it's silly to run a single scroll turbo on a twin scroll manifold. I wonder if FP will also develop another cast version of their manifold for this housing. And for all I know I could be getting upset for nothing cause it says on the FP SS housing product page that it will not work on a turbo with with a 65mm turbine wheel, only a 67mm. I myself only have plans to run a FP Green. So I may not be affected. Some clarifaction would be nice though cause on the FP Green 73 HTA page and the DBB FP Green page they both show pics of the new housing but yet says it will only work with a 67mm?!

Last edited by e_kobz; Feb 19, 2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
They are only selling them separate for the bigger wheels for people who want to Max out their FP Black. All the people complaining about price also should realize a Vband O2 housing will not really be any more expensive than all these current O2 housings and the external wastegate is 1000xs better. No more expensive wastegate actuators, preload adjustment, boost spikes to hold boost, boost creeping or $1000 downpipes with an external on it. The wastegate can be set anywhere from 5-30psi base and easily adjusted from there with any other boost controller. No more fancy hybrid boost needed. Once everyone sees how much better it is they will stop complaining. Everyone who buys any other bolt on style Turbo will be buying an inferior product. The only improvement probably would be a twin scroll externally gated unit. But if it isn't needed then who cares.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 04:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Full race called this concept 1.5 scroll. An open manifold for an open housing would be a waste when the current divided mani works good.

Plus it's needed to direct the exhaust flow esp with limited space and the design of the collector.

Make me a 67mm green and I'm on board. I'm running ALS anyways.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know why everyone is so hung up on ts vs ss, the stock turbo isn't even a true twin scroll turbo.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 09:38 AM
Former Sponsor

For all of you who are worried about not having O2 options we Fathouse Fabrications working on a solution and we have sold quite a few loose housings in the last couple days to shops wanting to build o2 housings for this product.

The stock turbine housing has always been a restriction we knew it all along and have been working on a solution to let us move forward almost since the inception of the EVO 9 line up. It's time that we move on to bigger and better things which is this housing. We wouldn't make this move if we hadn't done our homework knowing that once people see what these can do they'll understand. We have a mountain of logs from our personal car that we'll be sharing with people in the coming weeks to show you what we found in our personal testing.

This new turbine housing unlocks new levels of performance that couldn't be done with the stock housing. It allows us to build turbos like the Zero and Zephyr and greater flexibility on the turbine side. It allows you to bolt up 400-800WHP turbos without changing your exhaust manifold. It allows for greater flexibility on the O2 side.

This is every way better than any other housing on the market and time will tell that same story. Those of you worried about cost the price on the turbochargers has not went up one dime. If you want to make the T3 argument on price go ahead price out new quality parts vs. running our new turbine housing you'll almost always be $500-1000 more.

At the end of the day we want to support this market and move it forward. You don't do that by doing the same thing everyone else is doing or doing the same thing over and over again.

-Michael
Old Feb 20, 2014, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Michael will the FP Green be switching over to this new hosuing as well?! Just confused based off the info on the website. The FP Green 73 HTA and DBB FP Green product pages show the new housing but on the SS housing product page it says it can't be used with a 65mm. Is the FP Green switching over or staying the same?!

Quick Reply: FP Stainless Housing