Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Stainless Housing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2014, 09:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Patiently waiting on data regarding transient response and spool. Ok, impatiently waiting
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your right tge price hasn't went up. But last time i checked your external wg you offer with it is 265 dollars. Plus i need a new 02 housing. As for it working better i would have lead this with a results log and dyno and people wouldnt be so sketch. Also why wouldn't you just make this an option instead of just leaving us all with your way or the highway. In cali i cant have all that shinny bull**** under my hood.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TommiM
Whats the beef with CBRD products?
I was wondering the same thing but this is an FP thread, so I guess it doesn't matter...
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:20 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by 06MREvo
I was wondering the same thing but this is an FP thread, so I guess it doesn't matter...
Everyone has their favorites.

So long as the opinions are civil, it's totally okay.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
The reasons for not making it an option have already been hinted at. Sound like the mitsu housings are starting to be hard to get...
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
Patiently waiting on data regarding transient response and spool. Ok, impatiently waiting
We'll release our logs/data as soon, however that's a double edge sword. Most people will claim it's biased or something else is going on and will still wait till someone does a 3rd party test.

So damned if you do damned if you don't. However once I can get all the logs organized we'll be posting them.

Originally Posted by AdamAndEvo
Your right tge price hasn't went up. But last time i checked your external wg you offer with it is 265 dollars. Plus i need a new 02 housing. As for it working better i would have lead this with a results log and dyno and people wouldnt be so sketch. Also why wouldn't you just make this an option instead of just leaving us all with your way or the highway. In cali i cant have all that shinny bull**** under my hood.
Does track record count for anything? Every product we've ever launched has done exactly what we said it would do and in most cases goes above and beyond. We don't make claims we can't back up, it would be counter productive and we wouldn't be in business.

-Michael
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
I think fp did right, and I'm a little upset with no td05 option.. Maybe I wi dream bigger than a 71 someday.

I'll eventually need a new turbo but options might change again by then.

I will be venting mine through the hood then haha..

Please comment on the website confusion.

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Feb 20, 2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
I think I have all the data from Mikey's car. Not the same but similar enough it might be of general use to settle the natives. I try not to toss data that might one day be of use....or is crazy off the chart (748whp) anyway. Pretty sure it was more or less like a 35R between shifts though from what I recall. Shift like Grandma and its lazy, but Ninja Shift it and its good.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This new hotside will make forward facing stock frame setups coughToxicFabcough very interesting!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael @ FP
We'll release our logs/data as soon, however that's a double edge sword. Most people will claim it's biased or something else is going on and will still wait till someone does a 3rd party test.

So damned if you do damned if you don't. However once I can get all the logs organized we'll be posting them.

Does track record count for anything? Every product we've ever launched has done exactly what we said it would do and in most cases goes above and beyond. We don't make claims we can't back up, it would be counter productive and we wouldn't be in business.

-Michael
Which batch of Turbo's will start getting these new housings? I'm in the next batch I think (24DEC order), and I applaud innovation and I love new things, but I don't have the time to rework the entire exhaust system at this point in my build.

Unless this is the only housing available, then I'm pretty much against a wall and will pull a rabbit out of my hat to meet deadlines.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I understand the benefits of this setup and that it creates the ultimate stock frame setup with little to no boost creep with an already great turbo. But my personal problem is that it's no longer a easy bolt up affair. With all the extra stuff needed it defeats the ease of install. It would be nice if fp still offered at least the option of using the stock housing on an exchange basis at the very least for those of us that would like a great turbo but the ease of install of a straight swap. But still have the new housing for those that don't mind spending a few extra dollars and work for the ultimate setup. But with that said good luck to fp and keep up the good work developing great products for our cars.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am sure there will be plenty of current FP Black owners who would swap housings with anyone who doesn't like the new one. They might even pay a little bit as long as it is less than a new one from FP. Geez people are getting their panties in a bunch over nothing.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jason42003
I understand the benefits of this setup and that it creates the ultimate stock frame setup with little to no boost creep with an already great turbo. But my personal problem is that it's no longer a easy bolt up affair. With all the extra stuff needed it defeats the ease of install. It would be nice if fp still offered at least the option of using the stock housing on an exchange basis at the very least for those of us that would like a great turbo but the ease of install of a straight swap. But still have the new housing for those that don't mind spending a few extra dollars and work for the ultimate setup. But with that said good luck to fp and keep up the good work developing great products for our cars.

this
Old Feb 20, 2014, 02:39 PM

I really really want to be able to run an hta green with this housing, i have a 2.4, the external gate and better flowing turbine housing would be the ticket to winning. Please tell me they are going to work with the hta green...
Old Feb 20, 2014, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by e_kobz
Michael will the FP Green be switching over to this new hosuing as well?! Just confused based off the info on the website. The FP Green 73 HTA and DBB FP Green product pages show the new housing but on the SS housing product page it says it can't be used with a 65mm. Is the FP Green switching over or staying the same?!
I would assume the green now comes with the 67mm turbine.

Quick Reply: FP Stainless Housing