Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Stainless Housing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the point of a stock appearing turbo that doesn't appear stock?? Is this just change for the sake of change? Where are your dyno numbers. Graphs. Why on earth would you post such incomplete info? I need a xanex and apparently a bbk now.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by AdamAndEvo
What is the point of a stock appearing turbo that doesn't appear stock?? Is this just change for the sake of change? Where are your dyno numbers. Graphs. Why on earth would you post such incomplete info? I need a xanex and apparently a bbk now.
most likely easier to cast your own housing than sourcing housings from mitsubishi. I honestly dont see these selling well at all. very narrow market. its not a bolt on turbo anymore. its not twin scroll. its an expensive change for consumer. just dont see the win in this anywhere.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was about to pull the trigger on a Green, looks like a BBK is the way to go. I don't like the idea of being forced in to this route.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

now you need to add the price of a external wg, and a new o2 housing? I agree about the easier to cast tge source from mitsu. But its not like they are cheaper now. It says "comes standard". Atleast give us a choice.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New Mitsu hotsides are hard to find nowadays, I know when I was searching for one no one seemed to have one, even FP.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
So FP develops a badass stock appearing cast manifold then designs a housing that's not compatible with it?!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mdsevo06
I was about to pull the trigger on a Green, looks like a BBK is the way to go. I don't like the idea of being forced in to this route.
Same here buddy, I just ordered an 02 dump for my IX and was planning on picking up a green in the next couple months. Guess I'll be on the hunt for a used Green, or possibly a BBK Full.

Last edited by e_kobz; Feb 21, 2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
So FP develops a badass stock appearing cast manifold then designs a housing that's not compatible with it?!
How is the manifold not compatible? It appears to have the same bolt configuration as a stock turbo. While no o2/downpipe is compatible, the manifold is.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I think this is going to pretty much kill the FP Stock Frame series. There is no way I am the only person interested in a true stock appearing setup without any interest in an external wastegate. I just got the FP cast manifold for the future use of a Red or Black on a built motor, and I really don't want any CBRD product on my car nor do I want to run a JB MAP turbo.

seanjohn, the issue is that the manifold is designed to be a twin scroll and the new housings are single scroll.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited that FP has released 2 new products for our cars. My 03 is OLD in terms of product development. People lose interest and money for development goes to new cars. (FRS, X, GT-R). I understand some of the issues this may cause people that really want to run an internal gate, but this looks like a really nice product. I'm sure you can still pop this into a 10.5 housing and be good to go.

Pending dyno results, a Green may be in my future, now.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Data showing no hit to transient response would go a long way in supporting the lack of TS.

Those thinking these won't sell though seem to forget they did this on the dsm too and I'm pretty sure they sold well.

Tubular manifolds suck on a lot of aspects. This basically gets you a more reliable OS T3 setup.

I am disappointed to see it's not TS but removing the internal gate is 100% win. Internal gates suck.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by seanjohn291
How is the manifold not compatible? It appears to have the same bolt configuration as a stock turbo. While no o2/downpipe is compatible, the manifold is.
Cause a stock frame Evo turbo has a twin scroll housing.....and this housing is a single scroll. Notice how it's not divided?!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8426
I think this is going to pretty much kill the FP Stock Frame series. There is no way I am the only person interested in a true stock appearing setup without any interest in an external wastegate. I just got the FP cast manifold for the future use of a Red or Black on a built motor, and I really don't want any CBRD product on my car nor do I want to run a JB MAP turbo.
I'm right there with you buddy, I too am only interested in a stock appearing setup. I have no interest in running a EWG.

Last edited by e_kobz; Feb 21, 2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ewg is win, non ts is fail.

Quick Reply: FP Stainless Housing