Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Blouch 3.0 XTR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2016, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did they give you an estimated time for the new unit to arrive? I am very curious about their customer service.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 05:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by J_Striker
Did they give you an estimated time for the new unit to arrive? I am very curious about their customer service.
No were still chasing it. It's a bit of a pain in the *** as the car is now off the road whilst they make a new one for me

Hopefully they will get it done shortly
Old Jul 9, 2016, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tonks
No were still chasing it. It's a bit of a pain in the *** as the car is now off the road whilst they make a new one for me

Hopefully they will get it done shortly
Out of curiosity, what happened to your 3.0 turbo? What was the nature of the failure and how did Blouch help you out with it?
Old Aug 10, 2016, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redSLed
Out of curiosity, what happened to your 3.0 turbo? What was the nature of the failure and how did Blouch help you out with it?
Hiya I go so board of waiting for it to be turned around / replaced (Waited for about 8 weeks) I changed to a PT5858
Old Dec 22, 2017, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno sheet Dom 3.0 XTR

Dom 3.0XTR turboCurrently running a Dom 3.0 XTR on stock block at 26 psi. The motor has cams installed (don't know the brand). The turbo feels slow and does not hit nearly as hard as the BBX Light I had before. You don't realize how fast you are moving until you are racing another car. When the turbo comes on you don't get slammed back in the seat as it feels smooth but once you get over 5500 rpm it feels like you are going at light speed.
Turbo Comparison;
BBX Light: Hits like a ton of bricks and even had my hands ripped off the steering wheel multiple times. The turbo crushes you in the seat and it's a Bi**h to get the clutch slip and going without the turbo coming on hard as hell. (Spool hits at 2500 rpm).
street racing with this turbo I was able to run with GTR but would loose by 1.5 car lengths. The turbo comes on hard but runs out of gas once you get over 6000 rpm.
DOMINATOR 3.0 XTR: turbo does not hit that hard and comes on smooth. Over 5000 rpm feels like you are hitting afterburners and are going into warp drive.
Street racing... kicked the Cr**p out of a C7 Z06 and ZR1 Vets... they pull hard at first but once you get into the sweet spot wave good bye... currently running low 11 at Bandamere Speedway ( 5280 feet above sea level)
Old Dec 22, 2017, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally results... I wonder if it would hit harder with E85 and more boost. My 6466 comes on smooth as you speak but still hits hard as hell when its pulling over 32lbs. On pump at 27lbs it feels slow to me now. More of what you described. If you go E85 please repost. Im betting it has something with keeping your torque down on the stock block or your neck would be snapping haha
Old Dec 22, 2017, 02:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Pretty sure that the solid plots are E85 if it is putting down 526whp.

Thanks for sharing the dyno plot BoostJunkie! Is that 3rd or 4th gear?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
id trust blouch more than fp

Ive seen so many FP turbo fails
Old Dec 24, 2017, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Do you have a graph with the hp on the y-axis?
Old Dec 24, 2017, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dakota Evo

I wish there were more experiences with the Blouch turbos posted. I'm sure they fail as well, but seeing as almost no one shares it's hard to compare.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by J_Striker
I wish there were more experiences with the Blouch turbos posted. I'm sure they fail as well, but seeing as almost no one shares it's hard to compare.
Go on Subaru forums very popular with them and seem so far reliable. Also alot of Evo X use blouch check on evoxforums or the evo x section in this forum.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakota Evo

Lol
Old May 31, 2018, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead as I should have some results in the near future with the 3.0 xtr. Previous setup is in my sig.

For reference, with the jb bbk full the car made 520whp @ 32psi tapering to 26psi by 8500rpm. Trapped consistently in the 128-132mph with this setup. Weight was 3450lbs with driver. Ran this setup for about three years, lots of street, autoX and drag racing. Unfortunately one night last summer I was low on E85 coming back from the track when I made the stupid (and expensive) mistake of running my car quite hard way longer than I should have on low Ethanol content (E30). I was running my alt fuel, wgdc and ignition maps....only rescaled the injectors. AFRs were solid but I foolishly assumed solid afrs would be enough on E30. Obviously the content wasn't high enough to supply the extra cooling necessary to run that much advance (17* on top). As a result I melted a piston.

Fast forward to last week and I picked up my new ER long block and a blouch 3.0 xtr. New setup is an ER "Race" 2.2 SLR: K1 crank, 9:1 compression but still on S2 cams, BS delete, GSC +1mm I/E valves, CNC race port head, Moroso Oil Pan etc.

Decided to go with lower compression as I want to make sure the motor is a bit more pump friendly, I can't afford to deal with another low E blend situation and want to get the ecu properly set up for true flex fuel and not just main/alt map flashing extremes. For now I might go fitronic and see how that works out. Base (Pump) tune will be put on in a couple weeks and then I will take the car down to ER for the E85 tune once the fuel system is updated. Still need to purchase bigger injectors, will likely go FIC 2150 so I have some room to grow in the future should I decide to go with a larger turbo setup (BW EFR *drool*).

I loved my jb bbk-full. Despite how hard I beat on it, the turbo never gave up. I ran it really hard and despite losing breath on the top end, the boost threshold was amazing. Hitting 32psi by 3800rpm and pulling to 8500rpm felt amazing but like all things it's time to move on. I think the 2.2 will mate nicely with the 3.0xtr and plan to utilize my Turbosmart WGA with the 22psi spring and max out the preload as I want to see how quickly I can get the new turbo to come on full boil. After all the full was a 62.5mm inducer wheel vs the 3.0's Inducer of 67mm so it's going to be interesting to see how well it pairs with a 2.2

Although results are scarce I think this turbo will be able to make in excess of 650whp and hopefully see 30+psi by 4000-4250rpm. While the inducer is much larger than the 1.0-2.0 I think the billet compressor will balance things off at the cost of falling a bit off on the top end of the rev range. Light Weight+Response (CBRD/Blouch) vs Heavier Components+Peak Power (FP). We all know back pressure is the shortcoming of these mhi housing turbos, and it surely won't flow as much as a SS black but I think it will come pretty close to a ts MHI Black.

Last edited by R. Mutt; Jun 1, 2018 at 12:57 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by R. Mutt:
Is2scooby (Jun 5, 2018), willitas34 (Jun 12, 2018)
Old May 31, 2018, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Can't wait to see the results.
Old May 31, 2018, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
Looking forward to your results also!

Quick Reply: Blouch 3.0 XTR