Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My Install and review of FP Cast Race Manifold.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
My Install and review of FP Cast Race Manifold.

Hi, Recently purchase an FP Cast Race Manifold. Read up on here with several posts form the past. I decided to purchase one when most feedback was stating it was good in the 600HP Range. I have had tubular manifolds before, most under $500 and all have cracked at the runners. So my decision was a decent manifold with decent numbers, but cast. The runners are almost 25% larger than stock.

I will post more as soon as I fire it up and give it a run, see if their is anything in tuning that shows up and adjustment I make.

Here are a few picks. Install was straight forward and not hard at all. Do to a broken stud on my block, I had to tap the block screw and fix resulting in about a 45 minute add on time to install. All in all it took me about 3 hours, taking my time, and doing it the long route, unbolting exhaust down pipe, charge pipe, etc.

My pictures do not do it justice, should have held a tape measure to it to show perspective of larger runners. It is Ceramic Coated, and port matched on both sides for the block.

Old Jan 22, 2017, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Fp red? I want one. Give us some updates
Old Jan 22, 2017, 08:22 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Nice! I will pick one up, eventually.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Fp red?
Yup, with 10.5 Hotside.

Nice! I will pick one up, eventually.
Thanks. Like I said it installs nice. Looks great too.

I will report back once I take her for a run. Been doing upgrades all weekend. Check out my Install of the Skunk 2 TB. The thread is below this one in the lineup.

Had to customize it all the way...lol.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Raceghost
Yup, with 10.5 Hotside.

Thanks. Like I said it installs nice. Looks great too.

I will report back once I take her for a run. Been doing upgrades all weekend. Check out my Install of the Skunk 2 TB. The thread is below this one in the lineup.

Had to customize it all the way...lol.
Yea i read your writeup on that. Did skunk2 ever get back to you
Old Jan 23, 2017, 01:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I am also looking into this, and might get one when my current MAP short runner manifold develops some crack.

I hope some aftermarket heatshield can fit the manifold too.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 01:49 AM
Evolved Member

Yea i read your write-up on that. Did Skunk2 ever get back to you
They washed their hands of me back in September when I walked into their sales/sponsor facility and laid it out to one of their engineers. I caught an eye roll in the discussion as well. I had to further mod it and updated that post. That's why I labeled the thread what I did.

I hope some aftermarket heatshield can fit the manifold too.
It has the stock location and bolt size for the stock heat shield, MAP heat shield, and I am looking into a custom heat shield from a vendor out of Long Beach.

I will of course report back if I go the custom route and post pics as well.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 01:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It has the stock location and bolt size for the stock heat shield, MAP heat shield, and I am looking into a custom heat shield from a vendor out of Long Beach.

Nice!

I wish I could use my current Monstersports titanium heatshield with some minor modifications, but custom heatshield sounds great too.

I will stay tuned.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 04:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice I am planning to get one of this in a month for my FP black do you ported also. The coated parts is a good idea to keep it clean. Your 02 housing is from FP I been looking to this when o purchase my manifold. Thanks for the help
Old Jan 23, 2017, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
isnt this the manifold thats been around forever?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Raceghost;11703492]They washed their hands of me back in September when I walked into their sales/sponsor facility and laid it out to one of their engineers. I caught an eye roll in the discussion as well. I had to further mod it and updated that post. That's why I labeled the thread what I did.

Ive had skunk 2 throttles in hondas and always been junk.

**** i remember like butterfly screw coming off, needing a fat spring like a carburater, idle speed screw fell off.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

isnt this the manifold thats been around forever?
Ya, I am a little late to the party. It was released in 2012 I do believe.

Your 02 housing is from FP I been looking to this when o purchase my manifold. Thanks for the help
It's actually a MAP SS 02 housing.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 01:17 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
They washed their hands of me back in September when I walked into their sales/sponsor facility and laid it out to one of their engineers. I caught an eye roll in the discussion as well. I had to further mod it and updated that post. That's why I labeled the thread what I did.

Off topic, but I once bought some lowering springs for an Evo. They didn't fit because the Bilstein perches are at different spots than that KYBs. I called up Skunk2 and they had no idea what i was talking about. They refused a return stating that it was up to me to know. I think their website still says it fits. They don't R&D their stuff... probably just order it from China or something. LOL
Old Jan 23, 2017, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racegost did the MAp o2 housing didn't rub anywhere in the radiator I heard people having issues with fitment with also stm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 03:17 AM
Evolved Member

Off topic, but I once bought some lowering springs for an Evo. They didn't fit because the Bilstein perches are at different spots than that KYBs.
My first lowering springs were Tien mated to the MR Bilsteins. Was a great setup.

MAp o2 housing didn't rub anywhere in the radiator
NO issue what so ever. It's mated to MHI housing on a FP RED. The Red and the WG actuator are very close to the RAD, but still no issues.

Also Fired her up today. Exhaust note changed with this Manifold. Sounds more Throatier for sure. Revved nicely too. Have not had a chance to test drive or tune, ran into ANOTHER snag with the Skunk2 TB. Had to port it again, in an area that was not visible without tearing it completely apart. Ported it again 33% larger in the area I missed.

Last edited by Raceghost; Jan 24, 2017 at 03:26 AM.

Quick Reply: My Install and review of FP Cast Race Manifold.