Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Question about retune

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about retune

i picked up my 04 evo 8 rs a few months ago, having crazy fun coming from a s2000
heres my list of mods before i get into the questions

hks 272 cams
walboro 255
coil on plug setup
full ams turbo back exhaust
arp head studs
manual boost controller
23psi
348 hp and slightly less torque

I would like to add a aftermarket air intake, aftermarket exhaust manifold, aftermarket 02 housing for the turbo to bolt to my ams downpipe, and a blow off valve, the car was already tuned at isp i would like to avoid retuning the car if i can. Question is for these parts would i need a retune?

Last edited by evojoe0; Nov 20, 2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by evojoe0
i picked up my 04 evo 8 rs a few months ago, having crazy fun coming from a s2000
heres my list of mods before i get into the questions

hks 272 cams
walboro 255
coil on plug setup
full ams turbo back exhaust
arp head studs
manual boost controller
23psi
348 hp and slightly less torque

I would like to add a aftermarket air intake, aftermarket exhaust manifold, aftermarket 02 housing for the turbo to bolt to my ams downpipe, and a blow off valve, the car was already tuned at isp i would like to avoid retuning the car if i can. Question is for these parts would i need a retune?
Hey Joe, first off, welcome aboard & thanks for posting. Moved this to the Engine forum!

Im not the best engine guy, but my tuner always noted, that any changes to the EvO intake / exhaust system requires a re-tune. Thats why is always best to do all the bolt ons at once, but understand this doesnt apply in your case

Unless youre running "speed denisty" I would forgo the blow-off valve unless your stock is not working correctly. W/out speed density, the EvO engine needs to have a recirculating BO valve, otherwise the engine will stumble between shifts (VTA not recommended)

BTW, I have an RS as well. You need to post up in our RS Owners Gallery ASAP Here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ry-thread.html

Joe
Old Nov 20, 2017, 01:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
The car will need retuned.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 01:53 PM

i appreciate the fast reply's , looks like im gonna buy all them parts then install them at once then retune, of course now im gonna throw on injectors along with some other mods aswell. Currently working on getting the car detailed before winter arrives, ill be sure to take some quality pictures and post on the forum.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 01:58 PM

i actually bought the car from this forum a few months back the post is still there heres the link https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...miles-14k.html

ive done a few things to the car since i bought it, installed the carpet, new inspection, coil on plug setup, all new exhaust gaskets, all new brakes, im at the point now where nothing needs fixing , im just looking to upgrade some stock parts