Few problems on Evo 9..New to the community - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Few problems on Evo 9..New to the community

Old Mar 19, 2018, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer View Post
Did you fix your original issues following Tuxevo advice?
no i will have to look up some videos to do that and i am kinda lazy right now tbh
Old Mar 19, 2018, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Xeroff View Post
no i will have to look up some videos to do that and i am kinda lazy right now tbh
I know the feeling. I wasted away Sunday instead of working on my car, I was a couch potato.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 01:56 PM

I fixed my ac yesterday adding refrigerant to 45 psi and i wanted to check again today cause i think there could be a leak and i cant unscrew the cap xD.
Also, my engine just kinda shutoff on the road today when i was driving to school i dont know why but i just kinda of restarted it. I noticed it because the power steering went off.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

I fixed my ac yesterday adding refrigerant to 45 psi and i wanted to check again today cause i think there could be a leak and i cant unscrew the cap xD.
Also, my engine just kinda shutoff on the road today when i was driving to school i dont know why but i just kinda of restarted it. I noticed it because the power steering went off.
Hope you recharged on the cold side with R134a and kept bottle upright to let only gas freon into your system. I usually let it cycle until the line to ac pump gets cold up to 3-6 inches away from pump (you can see condensate buildup too). It doesn't take much.
As for engine shutting off, was that with A/C on?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 04:59 PM

yeah, i recharged it, was all good and cold this morning it just kinda stopped hasnt happened since.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, i recharged it, was all good and cold this morning it just kinda stopped hasnt happened since.
If you had AC running when engine shut off, there's a chance it is overcharged where it runs the pump longer when there's higher resistance. How much freon did you add? 1 pound?
Old Mar 21, 2018, 09:29 PM

i charged it to around 45 psi, max is about 50. I made it a little higher cause i thought there could be a leak somewhere since the previous owner did the same thing and he said it last a while but went away. I made sure i used top quality refrigerant with sealant this time so maybe 45 is too high for evo 9 i dont know. Havent had engine shutdown since this morning.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

Run your AC every week for 10 minutes and it shouldn't leak. Usually, all cars leak freon at compressor because lubricant settles and o-rings and gaskets become dry on top. Then freon seeps out slowly.
i charged it to around 45 psi, max is about 50. I made it a little higher cause i thought there could be a leak somewhere since the previous owner did the same thing and he said it last a while but went away. I made sure i used top quality refrigerant with sealant this time so maybe 45 is too high for evo 9 i dont know. Havent had engine shutdown since this morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2006EvoIXer For This Useful Post:
Xeroff (Mar 22, 2018)
Old Mar 22, 2018, 08:18 PM

Got it, I also have an extra gauge pod location on my center console it is basically a giant empty hole and looks ugly so i wanna install another gauge and fix the oil temp at the same time. Any suggestions to what pod i should get? I have air/fuel ratio, boost, and oil temp gauges right now.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Oil pressure makes most sense.
Otherwise, maybe fuel pressure or Exhaust Gas Temp?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:01 AM

Sorry for the late reply. I have decided to go with oil pressure gauge buy now I have a new problem. I did a skid and after that every time I turn I hear an air leaking sound. My boost gauge needle and my rpm would also go up slightly when I turn in idle. However, I checked for that problem this morning (cold) and it is gone. Then I made myself a new problem xd, I checked all fluids and noticed there is an extra tube that I noticed I do not know where it connects to for the coolant reservoir.

I am hoping you can help me out on this before I drive my car.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Isn't that to drain reservoir when it's overflowing?
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Check your power steeing fluid reservoir. You may be low on fluid and pump can be making a sound (which is bad for pump).
Old Apr 1, 2018, 10:55 AM

Oh that make sense. I actually did check the steering fluid and it is full. So I don't think there is any leaks. Maybe it's just a bad pump. I gotta drive a little more today and see if the sound comes back
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:57 AM

Yea the hissing sound is still there but there are no fluid leaks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Few problems on Evo 9..New to the community

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.