Walbro 525lph Gas/E85 in tank pump - Page 3 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Walbro 525lph Gas/E85 in tank pump

Old Jan 3, 2019, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry to bring this back up. But I'm thinking about running a Walbro 525 as my secondary pump that will be hooked up to a hobbs switch. I have seen this pump need to be hooked up to a relay. But with a secondary pump being hooked up to a hobbs I wouldn't have to hook up a relay right? Would I just run a 8 gauge power and ground wire. But I see the wire that is on the pump its self isn't that big. I know it's no 8 gauge. Would cause any prob running an 8 gauge wire to that smaller wire on the fuel pump? I see STM doing it on there triple pumper set up. Mine would be somewhat the same way. But not 2 pumps wired to a 8 gauge wire just one pump.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 07:14 AM
EvoM Guru

Here's a photo that I just took. F90000274 on the left, Hellcat pump (F90000285) on the right. Definitely 100% the same size.

As someone else noted, the Hellcat pump requires a lot of electrical current to achieve its 8% higher flow rate. This means that the voltage available at the pump will be more sensitive to any electrical resistance in the wiring for the pump (such as from the wiring itself and any relays). Probably need extra beefy wiring (8 ga probably sufficient), high quality connections, and a very low electrical resistance on/off relay to maximize voltage at the pump.

I'll just comment that this pump or the F90000274 are only helpful/needed for people making 475+ whp on E85 or possibly for people making 600+ whp on pump gas. A single Walbro 255HP should be fine for most other lower whp scenarios.

Last edited by mrfred; Jan 11, 2019 at 08:39 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrfred For This Useful Post:
justboosted02 (Jan 11, 2019)

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.