Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Blitz SBC i-D3 owners -- please help with settings

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2004, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blitz SBC i-D3 owners -- please help with settings

I'm trying to figure out how to optimize my gain and ratio settings on my Blitz SBC i-D3 and am unsure of how to determine a good setting. I'm using manual mode and everything seems to work fine. Just not sure the best way to set gain and ratio.

Basically, it seems like if I run less gain, I can run more ratio without going past safe boost levels, but then the turbo is slower to spool up.

Please post your settings and mods and how much boost you are seeing. Also, if you are running one street setting and another race gas setting, please point that out. I plan to have 93 octane and a 104 octane settings.

Thanks!
Old May 16, 2004, 09:39 PM

I have a sbc-id,
i have it set at 55-60 for the ratio (it depends on the weather), for 19 psi.
I have the gain set at 35.
Old May 16, 2004, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this will vary with parts and air temps so adjust accordingly...

Basicly start off with a safe boost like 14-16psi... and gradually turn the gain up and floor the car in gears to see where boost holds at and spikes at... it will spike between gears and you should tune mostly for 3rd gear, maybe 4th not sure where the peek load is on the evo...

After you fine a decent spot on the gain turn the boost up slowly to what you are looking for.... Then adjust the gain accordingly to eliminate larger spikes.. you will ahve to sacrifice some boost for stability or take the spikes to more boost and faster spoolups but bewarned you do not want spikes of 1 psi or higher.... set the warning for like 10-20 set counts and you should be safe if you over boost..... just sdjust tihngs slowly and when temps get colder besure to change your settings!!!

Happy boosting!
Old May 17, 2004, 03:47 AM
Evolving Member

When you say that you don't want spikes of more than 1 psi, do you mean, for example, that it shouldn't spike to 20.5 psi and then settle to 19.0?