Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

hate for evo RS ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2005, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah it was pretty random... when i saw an evo i was like tight cause aside from the few ppl i know with evos i usually dont see any u mostly see Sti and Srt4..then when he said that i was like uhhh right..i stood there in the parking area for like 30 secs to figure out what happened..but it is all good he is just one person..Almost every one i have talked to is real nice real kool ya know
Old Jul 16, 2005, 06:42 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What I wonder if this guy is on this forum? I mean the EVO RS is the best and actually I consider it as the race version. Some has no A/C, no ABS, lighter and no BS.

I was using my evo for daily driving but i seriously considered a white 05 RS but I wanted the 6-speed and the RS was so rare and unavailable at the time.

I just love the white RS with the grey/black MR wing with, MR light, and black door handles and side view. Sweet
Old Jul 16, 2005, 06:45 AM
Account Disabled

.......GSR....... still never seen one of those.......tons of VIII's but NEVER a GSR.....possibly cuz they aren't called that here but dont take my word for it after all im just a lowly ralliart guy not even close to cool enough to give my car dumb *** initials that dont pertain to it. a friend of mine raced a gsr once but it had an acura symbol on the front of it
Old Jul 16, 2005, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

hmm riiight...well u can call it the evo VIII or GSR u know what i am talking about..and everyone that i am around call it the GSR sooo whatever..thanks for clearification
Old Jul 16, 2005, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

i thought us evo guys are cool to each other, i mean i look for other evos all the time and met two or three diff, ppl with evos and they are cool as hell, i just hope that nobody will hate on me b/c i am younger. i got my evo in 03 and i was 18, now i am 20 and still the couple of evo owners i know and met are older than i am.

but anyways you got and evo, thats all that really matters
Old Jul 16, 2005, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

there are diff, between the evo's but who cares, its and evo. i have a gsr but the only reason i wanted a gsr is b/c i wanted an evo with the wing and sunroof thats the only reason

if i didn't get the sunroof i would have gotten the rs
oh well
Old Jul 16, 2005, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

yeah the sunroof is real nice....i think they are all great..i mean i have been wanting an evo since i saw the evo 5 when i heard that it was coming here i was like hell yeah but i couldnt get it when it first came out..but idk i got lucky and was able to get one this yr..i did get the evo 8 wing on mine maybe thats why he didnt know it was a RS..oh well right
Old Jul 16, 2005, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Keep your chin up, the RS rules. I bought mine over the GSR because I didn't want the wing or the sunroof and it comes with a rear bar right off the bat. To each his own, you should have told him to SUCK IT in your best New York accent.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

RS Evo's are the cheap EVO's, and are sort of what an EVO is all about anyway - supercar performance on a budget.

Guess which are the most valuable chassis in the US for 92 Civic's?

The EH2 hatchbacks. Why? Lightest. Best for racing. 13 years later, who gives a crap about sunroofs and power windows when they cost 200 lbs on the track. The EH3 (the SI) is only valuable to stunna's.

The RS is a pure EVO. I own a GSR, and I love it, but there will be people who hate anything that's "different" or doesn't agree with their tastes.

Ignore them. It's not worth the psychic time or energy.

Shawn
Old Jul 16, 2005, 08:37 AM

Its an Evo, You got the motor thats all that matters, Plus you don't have to deal with that ricey spoiler i have to deal with
Old Jul 16, 2005, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Viii=gsr

Originally Posted by mitsurally
.......GSR....... still never seen one of those.......tons of VIII's but NEVER a GSR.....possibly cuz they aren't called that here but dont take my word for it after all im just a lowly ralliart guy not even close to cool enough to give my car dumb *** initials that dont pertain to it. a friend of mine raced a gsr once but it had an acura symbol on the front of it
Actually they are called that here, go to you local mitsu dealer with a vin from an 03 EVO VIII, as you like to call it, have them look it up and the computer will definately let you know that it is an 03 Lancer Evolution VIII GSR.... Just like your friends Integra GSR and just like your Lancer Ralliart, it references a trim level

Last edited by 03EvoVIII; Jul 16, 2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 03EvoVIII
Actually they are called that here, go to you local mitsu dealer with a vin from an 03 EVO VIII, as you like to call it, have them look it up and the computer will definately let you know that it is an 03 Lancer Evolution VIII GSR....
No, to us it is an VIII. The term "GSR" does not appear anywhere on the build sheets or order confirmation reports. Even State Farm will ask you VIII, RS, or MR. And most of the other companies I've called say the same thing.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
No, to us it is an VIII. The term "GSR" does not appear anywhere on the build sheets or order confirmation reports. Even State Farm will ask you VIII, RS, or MR. And most of the other companies I've called say the same thing.
Since I have actually seen it with my own eyes you must know more than me. I went to the parts dept. to get my touch up paint they typed in my VIN and voila the computer screen had 2003 lancer Evoltion VIII GSR right on top of the screen.

How about you go buy an Evo VIII, make sure it isn't an RS or an MR, and see what trim level you get.....

Thanks for your input
Old Jul 16, 2005, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsurally

damn lowly ralliart guys sneaking into the premier forums. Hey MitsuRally no one likes you
Old Jul 16, 2005, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

i had a similar thing happen to me where a guy reffered to my car as a "so-called evo". He said "You don't even have a CF wing! HAHAHA" i thought to myself as i chuckled "Yeah, well you don't even have a stock 10.5 hotside or an aluminum roof, d!ck." Don't let him bother you, we love you

Last edited by CrimsonShadow; Jul 16, 2005 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply: hate for evo RS ?