Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

hate for evo RS ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2005, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude, no matter what trim, an evos an evo. I dont see why evo owners should hate on other evo owners.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 01:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This guy is a dumb@$$

Yeah I would have to agree with everyone here - this guy is just an idiot. Every Evo owner should know that the RS is a great car. I could have easily purchased a new GSR, but for several grand less I get the same performance and that is all that I wanted. The several grand that I saved will go into mods to make the car much faster

I like the RS, I like the GSR, and I like the MR. Power options would be nice, but I don't NEED them and they do nothing for the go-fast part of the car.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 01:23 AM

i am a Rs owner. i got it because it 's special, not about the money.the stuff i have on it cost much more than his GSR. don't worry about that d**khead. RS IS FASTER!!!
Old Jul 17, 2005, 02:20 AM
Evolving Member

I have an RS and love every minute of it aluminum roof and everything! That guy is just stupid. to him.

It would have been nice to have a HID option. I put in my own raido with navigation, much better than stock.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 02:49 AM
Evolving Member

man that guy sounds like an idoit. i personaly think the rs is more (EVO) than any other. like said before the rs is all about perfomance and nothing else. i love mine and i still after one year dont even have a raido lol . brush it off man that guy was a tool.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 03:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
don't wprry bout what others say about your ride, enjoy it. -coming from an 05 gsr ssl owner,just like i didn't get the mr cause of a lack of leather, you got the rs for your own personal reasons. keep your chin up dude. be happy. the only regret i have is that i have is that i really wanted graphite grey. but no leather = no MR. i have seen plenty of rs's around and i give them props for buying a $26,000 car w/o power windows.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

tel him to lick it ...... ;D...... j/k.

Like most are sayin who cares, its an EVO and thats all that matters...
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I personally, intentionally bought the '04 RS that I have for a couple of reasons. Number one reason was the weight. The other reason was the limited slip front differential and 5 speed trans. I did not want the ACD or the 6 speed. Issue, the weight. I wanted the lightest car I could get.

I love my RS. I wouldn't trade it for another style EVO, not for me. I like a bare bones kind of car. Hell I even took the heater and a/c out of my Buick Grand National.

The only downfall to the RS that I am going to change is the lack of ABS, that's a whole other topic.

Enjoy your car!

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jul 17, 2005, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i feel u..thos are some of the reason why i choose the RS plus the fact of it being cheaper really fit well with my budget..i am happy with the choice i made i guess the dude was just mad or something..lol thought he would of been kool but it turned out to be something from like the twilight zone..but it is all good
Old Aug 5, 2005, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jude
Keep your chin up, the RS rules. I bought mine over the GSR because I didn't want the wing or the sunroof and it comes with a rear bar right off the bat. To each his own, you should have told him to SUCK IT in your best New York accent.
BINGO! we have a WINNER...

RS is the BEST starting point for a track car. This is especially true with an 04 RS over an 04 GSR due to the diff. I bought an RS for performance and weight saving, not cost savings. If you see him again, ask him to meet you at the track