Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO vs. WRX/STi Shootout Results Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2005, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here vids from the track

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...1#post10793991

Enjoy!
Old Aug 20, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Gadiel definitely did one hell of a job representing the Subaru camp.

First round eliminations Gadiel lined up against the Evo V and he put up one hell of a fight but came up just short with I believe it was an 11.1. I am sure a lot of the Evo guys would have loved to see that Evo 5 win that run. Car was beautiful.
Old Aug 20, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

video of the final, looks like al got killed off the line:

http://www56.homepage.villanova.edu/...lash_final.wmv
Old Aug 20, 2005, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Pruven hit a 10.8. Al ran a 10.6. I thought Turbotrix ran the 9.92? I never saw AMS put together a full-out run until they did an exhibition run at the end, but then the time didn't show up. It was a good launch with good shifts and no misfires, but none of us saw the slip. That car was easily the second most powerful and fastest car out there right behind TT...

As for most of the cars out there, it was abysmal. I don't know why the times were so poor, but I even had trouble. Despite having higher octane, MORE boost, a real clutch and full exhaust, I couldn't even duplicate my previous times. I was spinning off the line for the first time since owning my Evo...my 60' times were suffering, and it was taking longer before I could shift to 2nd. I ran 12.4x twice and 12.5x twice.

Interestingly, though, was that I ran my fastest 1/8th mile ever (7.7x) and was well on my way to my best 1/4 ever, but I was in a bracket race and stupidly decided to slam on the brakes to make sure I won without breaking out, because I was like half a track ahead of the WRX next to me. Well, that run was a 12.52 at 81!!! I literally slammed on the brakes...let off...then slammed them again. It was enough to drop 30mph, so that may have been my first 12.1 or better...no way to know, though.
What was your MPH in the 1/8th on your run in the braket racing? Both of my 11.8x runs I ran 7.6x 1/8 mile times. You may have been on the way to your first high 11 second run.

Keith
Old Aug 21, 2005, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had a great time at the track today.

Only thing that sucked was not having my car cuz i probably woulda made it to the quick 8 like last year.

Al: Nice try bro. That race was real close at the end! I Had fun turning on your laughing gas for you. When i was walking back to the stands i was thinkign to myself, if al wins do i get a free tune for helping him win if he does? lol. Dont worry about the loss. We will get them next time.

ERIK
Old Aug 21, 2005, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

I gotta say EvoNY came to that race DEEEEEEEEEEP. It seemed like every evo there was part of EvoNY. Way to represent your club IMO.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
I gotta say EvoNY came to that race DEEEEEEEEEEP. It seemed like every evo there was part of EvoNY. Way to represent your club IMO.
Hey bro, it was good seeing you there man. If any of my significant others gets jailed on immigration charges in PA, I know who to call.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Hey bro, it was good seeing you there man. If any of my significant others gets jailed on immigration charges in PA, I know who to call.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
What was your MPH in the 1/8th on your run in the braket racing? Both of my 11.8x runs I ran 7.6x 1/8 mile times. You may have been on the way to your first high 11 second run.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 08:57 AM

Well it was truly a great experience, I got to meet Al, Mark and all the guys from Big Valley.They are all some pretty good sportsmen. I spent most of the day checking out Al's car and watching while he worked pretty much all day on it. For whoever the guy was that said that he saw more Evo's lose to WRX's he is out of his damn mind. The STi that won the final did just that "HE WON THE FINAL" for the rest of the day Evo'd DOMINATED. Even though I saw some terrible times coming from Evo's, it seemed like 95% of them were still beating the Subies they raced against. I must admit that although WARRTALON seems like a ***** most of the time here on the boards he is a very knowledgeable down to earth guy in person. Congrats to all my fellow Evo owners for another day of domination!
Old Aug 21, 2005, 08:59 AM

Oh yeah I must admit that although they did not have an record breaking official time, the AMS Evo was the meaning freakin sounding Evo you could ever imagine. That thing was crazy!!!
Old Aug 21, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

I wonder what the time would have been for AMS' evo that run where they didn't put the numbers up. IMO it looked like a record breaker =p
Old Aug 21, 2005, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by 4TUN8
I wonder what the time would have been for AMS' evo that run where they didn't put the numbers up. IMO it looked like a record breaker =p
+ 1
Old Aug 21, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Silver05Bullet
the subarus lost bad, really bad, turbo trix, dynoflash, pruven, and ams all ran fine, turb trix having some problems at the begining and at the end but overall a good day i know it was fun as hell, just got sunburned too much, scattered showers my ***, i think im never listening to the weather report anymore. Wonder how many people be getting trannys and clutches done all next week, Next year this event should nto be called evo vs. wrx shootout it shoudl just be called evo domination, cuz we gonna do it again next year
how did the subarus lost bad if gadiel had 10.6 and al had 10.8? not sure if u know how to ur math. ur just mad cause the evo dindt win al the way. quit drinking the hater-aid.

some of the sti/evo runs were great.
Old Aug 21, 2005, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Seems like it was still a lot of fun, and that's all that matters.

So here are some the fastest times for the EVOs-

Dyno Flash- 10.6@???MPH
Turbo Trix- 9.?@???MPH
AMS- 9.9@145MPH
Philly EVO- 11.9@114MPH
Pruven- Did they run 9s? I read 10.8 and then I read somebody saying they went in the 9s against the Turbo Trix EVO
Precision Dyno-???@???MPH
EVO V (Owned by ???)- ???@???
Kevo- What was your time, and what 05RS ran a 11.6, who was it owned by?
Warrtalon- 12.4@???MPH (better luck next time, 11s will be yours for sure )

Any other times for the EVOs, anybody else run 12.99 and faster?

Subaru-

Big Valley- 10.4 or 10.6?
Other than them, were there any other fast Subarus?

Of the top 10 fastest times of the day, how many were EVOs and how many were Subarus?

Last edited by 3000ways; Aug 21, 2005 at 09:33 AM.

Quick Reply: EVO vs. WRX/STi Shootout Results Thread