Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My wife just rolled my 2 day old Evo w/ pics (MERGE)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2003, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me start out by saying I am glad your wife is OK. I am truly sorry to hear about the whole ordeal, and very sorry to see that a black EVO dead without even getting broken in. I have to ask, has your wife ever driven a high peformance car before? Has she had any performance drivers training. Well at least this may teach everyone else out there that while this may be considered a 'toy' to some of us, the EVO is no ordinary toy. Please exercise extreme caution if you are to actually, and this is completely outside my scope of understanding, let someone behind the wheel of your EVO. Personally even if tila nguyen herself was to ask me to let her drive it around the block in exchange for a night with her alone and naked, i would have to think twice. And I am not trying to diss women drivers although I am in no means gving them props either. I feel there is a serious lacking across the board, both women and men, of competent drivers on the road. So I guess the lesson for the day is DO NOT LET ANYONE DRIVE YOUR EVO, unless you're ready to have this happen to you. And if you don't want to do it for yourself, do it for the EVO! ...unless your friends with tommi makinen or marcus gronholm
good luck with her replacement...
btw, tila, if you read this and want to take it for a spin drop me an eMail and I'll just get you some driving lessons first!!!

Last edited by indica; Mar 13, 2003 at 09:27 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by Crzylizard
By the way.... GAP insurance is only for Front-end intrest loans(dealership), not simple intrest loans (banks)
Sorry, wrong. Credit Unions and Banks offer their own GAP insurance, usually cheaper than a dealership's version. Regardless, its a great thing to have.

Sorry to hear about the accident, its good to hear your wife is OK, thats all that really matters when you get right down to it.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 02:49 AM
Evolving Member

...heartbreaker...
Old Mar 14, 2003, 03:04 AM
Evolving Member

yea i totally agree sometimes they are jus too careless....i get scared everytime i let my gf drives my car but owellz its not like i got an evo
Old Mar 14, 2003, 03:12 AM

I think people are making way to much of this. Not that fact that there was an accident, in which thankfully no one was hurt, but in the fact that it was an EVO.

I let my wife drive my past rally based cars in the past, she drove them like an old lady (she's not), just like she drives all our cars.

The steering and handling isn't all that quick as to make the car uncontrollable, get real. Quick steering and handling could just as well save you some day.

Bottom line, it's a street car, not and F16. Anyone with reasonable driving skills can tool around in one to get from point A to point B, just as anyone can have an accident for various reasons at any time. As with ANY car you're unfamiliar with, a bit extra due care is required initially.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 05:09 PM

Originally posted by zipcoolie
I think people are making way to much of this. Not that fact that there was an accident, in which thankfully no one was hurt, but in the fact that it was an EVO.

I let my wife drive my past rally based cars in the past, she drove them like an old lady (she's not), just like she drives all our cars.

The steering and handling isn't all that quick as to make the car uncontrollable, get real. Quick steering and handling could just as well save you some day.

Bottom line, it's a street car, not and F16. Anyone with reasonable driving skills can tool around in one to get from point A to point B, just as anyone can have an accident for various reasons at any time. As with ANY car you're unfamiliar with, a bit extra due care is required initially.
I totally agree. You guys are making it sound like you have to be a professional driver just to drive it! The masses that are buying the car are going to get groceries with it, not rally through the streets of Europe. Very few will take the car close to it's limits.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 06:45 PM

One thread, 2 wives wrecking lancers with prolly a few hundred more waiting to be posted. Recently at the markIV supra forums someone started a thread "Worst mistake you ever made for your supra?"

Oddly enough one of the popular replies was "letting my wife/gf/otherfemale drive my supra"

Lancer
Woman drivers

This shouldnt be shocking to anyone, its real life.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 06:55 PM

you better hold that one over her head! maybe for a evo 8!!!!! but glad she is fine
Old Mar 14, 2003, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

I'm glad my wife can't drive stick!
Old Mar 16, 2003, 08:57 AM

You guys are silly, you act like just because you have a ***** you can drive better than a woman. I'll bet anything my wife could outdrive most of you.

It can and does happen to anyone! Sorry for the car and just glad everyone is fine.
Old Mar 16, 2003, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Claudius

: There are exceptions to this (like Michelle Mouton
You're showing your age
Old Mar 16, 2003, 10:36 AM

Very sorry to hear about the accident. I'm glad no one was hurt. I think I've seen enough of the car though. Any pics of the wife?
Old Mar 16, 2003, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Well, what other gender comes with a gearshifter built-in?

Quick Reply: My wife just rolled my 2 day old Evo w/ pics (MERGE)