Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My wife just rolled my 2 day old Evo w/ pics (MERGE)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2003, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow... that really sucks... I thought it was bad when my 13 day old WRX was hit by a Ford Explorer.

Quick overview:

Flew in from Detroit to BWI on March 16, 2001, drove straight to the dealership... signed the papers... drove it home. Hey, this sunday will be 2 years!

March 29, 2001 went out to get some nice 94 octane Sunoco... old lady in Explorer trying to get to Wendy's cuts in front of me... it was raining BTW.

There was over $12k done in damages (front passenger biased), and I only wish it would have been totaled...

I did not drive my car again til mid/late July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep... 4 MONTHS! It was one of the first in the US... and one of the 1st wrecked in the US (if not thee 1st)... parts werent available... heck they didnt even know ANY part numbers. Everything needed imported....

It was a nightmare... and on top of all that, I never had the oppurtunity to get better parts (too new), ie- STi headlights, STi grill, STi Scoop, STi foglight covers... etc etc... all that eventually came... but out of my pocket. Oh well...

Be glad it was totalled.... seriously.

Best of luck...

def
Old Mar 13, 2003, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

22,xxx HITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this has got to be some kind of record!

I can just see the word spreading like a wild fire accross the country..........then they all come here,,,,, good advertising.

Once again very glad your wife is not hurt too badly, and sorry about your new car.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

REal glad to hear your wife is OK.
Sorry to hear about the EVO.
Amazing! The wing and roofline at the A-pillar are undammaged...
WOW!
Again, my condolences.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Re: My wife just rolled my 2 day old EVO!!!

Originally posted by bishiboy
DON'T ASK TO BUY PARTS FROM ME, I'LL POST THE INSURANCE AND SALVAGE YARD INFO WHEN I KNOW IT (7-10 DAYS)
She was going to work down a rural farm road, hit some ruts and the car pulled left, she over corrected right and started to fish tail, went off the road sideways and rolled 1 1/2 times stopping on the roof. Shes ok, only scratches from crawling out. The glass didn't even break. I'll find out in a couple days if it's totaled. IT'S TOTALED Very sad day. I'll have some depressing pics tomorrow.
I'm sorry to hear about your car, but this is why you don't lend it out for someone to drive. Also, why you go to drivers school too.

Hopefully you'll be back driving another soon.

Old Mar 13, 2003, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

It's his wife though.....
Old Mar 13, 2003, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Duh yea.. The wife needs to use the ride, or else... THE CUTOFF.. No carnal knowledge... And hey, it was meant to happen, even professional WRC drivers roll thier cars so don't keep saying stuff like, oh go to driving school.. Morons... If it's gonna happen, it'll happen, I'm sure she wasn't trying to top the car's performance out..
Old Mar 13, 2003, 02:25 PM

There are way too many unskilled drivers who just aren't ready to handle high performance cars. I don't know whether your accident was avoidable or not, although, most accidents are due to some form of driver error as opposed to 100% bad luck.

This is why I don't let just anyone drive my car. Other than the mechanics at the dealership, the only people who have driven my cars, are my friends and family with at least some AutoX and Track driving experience. One of my best friends got upset because I told him that he didn't have the diving ability to justify his borrowing my car. I can see that my bluntness upset him but I still stand by my opinion.

I forced my wife into doing a couple of AutoX schools and one high speed track day (with me as her instructor) before she got her WRX. Having seen her improve first-hand, I feel she is now competent enough to handle the WRX at about 8/10 of the cornering speeds the car is capable of.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Good thing your wife is not hurt

Hey are you gonna sell any parts??
Old Mar 13, 2003, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Coolguy949
It's his wife though.....
I don't car if it's the President of the United States. If you don't have experience, you shouldn't drive it.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Sheeew, that'd be my EX-car and EX-wife! Prolly hold up in court too. "Uh, judge, did you see what she did to my car?"
Old Mar 13, 2003, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

well unfortunately i had the same kind of experience in my lancer. i bought the car for my wife(we had a deal new car for her new sport bike for me) and with 990 miles and the last day of the temp tag she rearended someone. she took out the whole passenger side basiclly and it cost about 12k. unfortunately becuase it was so new they had to import the parts and it took 3 months to ge it fixed. the ins company had no idea what to do since they had no crash ratings or any knowledge of how the car would hold up to crashes yet. i have added a pic of the car the next day. but as you can tell from the registry they fixed it and you can't even tell it was wrecked. oh yeah and i didn't get my bike but i got the lancer and she drives the crappy car now and i told her she could never drive MY car again.
Attached Thumbnails My wife just rolled my 2 day old Evo w/ pics (MERGE)-car2.jpg  

Last edited by YellowOZ03; Mar 13, 2003 at 05:59 PM.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow sorry to hear that, and glad to hear that your wife is ok!
But how could you let your wife drive your new Evo?... I know she's your wife, but?... I mean come on, Iwouldn't let anyone drive it!!! Wife, mother, brother... who ever doesn't matter.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 08:15 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
glad your wife was okay(rollover accident). but the big question is who is the aggressive driver-meaning using evo's potentials.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

This is why I will NEVER let any stupid woman drive my car, even if she offers me the best damn sex I could ever have
Old Mar 13, 2003, 09:01 PM

Hey!!! thanks heaven's your wife is okay. Sorry about the car. I'm feeling your pain. If I had an Evo which rolled over, I'd cry for days.

Quick Reply: My wife just rolled my 2 day old Evo w/ pics (MERGE)