Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

NJ dealer scam alert ! Who has a deposit?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2003, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dude that is BS. Dealers suck. I was doing the same all day yesterday Al. I ended up at 3 dealers in NJ, none really talked about price to me. I had one promise me a test drive, but who knows what will happen when i actually go and do it.

I am going to Salerno Duane today to see what colors they have and how many. Just bc i have nothing to do today anyways.

Hope all goes well for the rest of you. If i find out any more info i will post for ya'll.

Billyqua
rally driven....................
Old Mar 19, 2003, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Salerno-Duane in Jersey City has 7 Evos- 2 red, 2 silver, and 3 yellow. I test drove one yesterday, although I doubt you will be able to (they had a $1000 deposit of mine for 8 months, so they really could not say no). The car is truly as amazing as everyone says- I did not get on it too hard, but you can feel it is very well sorted out. Anyway, they are now asking $3500 over sticker, but I am pretty sure they will negotiate if you have money. I did not buy mine yet, I am going to wait a few months for the STi to come out to compare them (I have MSRP contracts for both, with refundable deposits, number one on both lists!).
By the way, they have a yellow one in the showroom, the rest are in a lot about half a mile away...
Old Mar 19, 2003, 01:18 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Alfriedesq
It shouldnt matter from sale's man to sale's man - all representatives of the dealership should be honest in dealings - - - not cheast dudes who have deposits first and sell thier cars out from undert them
Yes, it does, because the salesperson determines the price and all manager has to OK it. Let's say the saleperson says 4k over and you agree, there's certainly no reason another couldn't say 7k and still get the green light. If you get the lowest price from the manager then you know the salesperson is trying to clear a bigger profit. If you get the same price across the board then you know they're all on a the same playing field at least. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 90% certain I'm not.