Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got ticket last night for no front license plate in TEXAS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got ticket last night for no front license plate in TEXAS

2 Years ago I was pulled over in my 350Z for no front license plate by a statetrooper. He gave me a warning. Last night I got pulled over in my evo by a cop for the same reason. Except this time i got a citation for it. I really hate the front plate look. But i have no choice. AAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH. I went a long time before i got cought. But this cop is stationed every night in the exact same spot and I have to drive through there every night. Does anyone know how much the license plate kit cost?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:27 AM

That is such a stupid law. Why would they need to see a front plate? In case you are speeding, see the cop, slow down, stop, then drive away in reverse?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:29 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

It should be free and you should have gotten one with your car. Go back to the dealership and complain that you got a ticket for no front plate and that they never gave you the mounting bracket nor installed it for you.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whoa whoa whoa...I thought someone said the law passed where we didn't have to have the front plate on anymore??!!!!! Son of a (*&$%
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Crackerballer
That is such a stupid law. Why would they need to see a front plate? In case you are speeding, see the cop, slow down, stop, then drive away in reverse?
My thoughts were because its easier and more accurate to bounce a high concentrated beam of light (laser) off a shiney super reflective flat object (front plate) than it is to pop your windshield or mirror or some other curved surface. Those are just my thoughts and the main reason I dont display a front plate.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Ive never been harassed in Houston. *shrug*

If I ever do, I'll just put it up in the windshield though. Screw drilling holes in my bumper.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

I bought my evo used, so it came with no front kit.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

Would putting the plate inside front windsheild count???
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

$10 in Cali
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

the license plate bracket came hidden in the trunk compartment on the left in my car, just use the bracket, its not that bad....
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbdude
Does the law state that the plate has to be attached to the front bumper or displayed in the front of the vehicle.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

I think its displayed in the front law.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbdude
I don't know about texas, but in VA it's apparently OK. I have had mine there for over 2 years and not even a second glance from a normally strict police force. I think that the law is technically that it has to be on the "front" of the car "fixed" not "swinging" or "moveable" and "not covered". I have mine suction cupped to (the inside, of course) my windshield and several DC members have followed suit. See if you can find the exact law in TX and decide if it's vague enough. Then print out a copy and keep it in your glove box. That's what I do.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

i dunno, i think having it in the windshield is almost as bad as having it in the front bracket....its stupid that not having the plate on the front makes such a huge difference..to us anyway. i get pulled by the cops in my town whenever they see me. so far im 1 for 5 when it comes to actually being ticketed for it.

I had my plate on for a while then i took out my headlights for evodave and i never put the plate back on so it still has like bug marks and whatnot on it....so i just show them the plate so they can see that its been on before and my story when i get pulled over is: "i had to change my lightbulbs in my front headlights and i messed up the plate bracket when i took the bumper off...im going to mitsu to get a new bracket next week."

80% of the time the cop says "ok, just get it done". K thanks office, peace!! keep in mind i've never gotten a speeding ticket or nethin else so my record is clean when they check it. if ure wanted for murder, this story might not work
Old Dec 15, 2005, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kee1pride
Ive never been harassed in Houston. *shrug*

If I ever do, I'll just put it up in the windshield though. Screw drilling holes in my bumper.
You have never been harrassed in Houston..your lucky hahaha I use to get pulled over all the time, I guess they use to look for hondas. All you have to do is put it on take a pic bring pic to court and it will be dismissed. That is a very stupid law though, I never see any dam Corvettes with plates in the front.

Quick Reply: Got ticket last night for no front license plate in TEXAS