Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got ticket last night for no front license plate in TEXAS

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no plate laws in pa, i swear i like it here more everyday, no hurricane or floods, cops don't care bout mods, only bad thing is the woman round here aren't the best, more bad than good
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by puff n pass
no plate laws in pa, i swear i like it here more everyday, no hurricane or floods, cops don't care bout mods, only bad thing is the woman round here aren't the best, more bad than good
but you've got amish. those women are truly al-l nat-ur-al.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AndyBandy
ive been thinking about removing mine in MD, but on 270 and 70 wouldnt the cops give you hell?? I'm not part of the whole DC evo club yet, but i do see alot of evo's when i go down to gaithersburg.

I know the cops stare at me when im just cruising...like they are just itching to pull me over for the slightest mistake...
i don't think most cops here care. the only time they might bring it up is if they pull you over for something else first (like speeding). if you've have a lot of eye catching mods or a loud exhaust though, i wouldn't push your luck.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:54 AM

I live 5 min from the PA line (no front plate in PA) and travel 83 most of the time. Many PA drivers commute on 83, so i guess i go unnoticed most of the time.

I figure if i get pulled over, i will use the, "I'm waiting for my front bumper plate mounter to arrive by mail". Who know's, it may work for a warning.

I seen someone on here try to sell there mounting bracket for over $100. Anybody know the price from dealer?
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bcmind
$10 in Cali
That's if you fix it and get the ticket signed off. You can also pay a $25 fine and forget it.

They are getting all worked up about this law in California due to red light cameras, which need to snap a pic of your face and your license plate at the same time. Although I drove without front license plates for about 30 years, I have been beaten into submission by the Gestapo, and I now have front license plates on both cars, just to avoid the hassle. I don't need to give the cops an easy justification for pulling me over.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I got ticketed for no front plate in Houston before. So I moved to FL where it's cool not to have one. No one here has it!
Old Dec 15, 2005, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

having it in the windshield doesn't work in TX, FYI. Most cops really don't care either way, but I have gotten a ticket before, for having my plate in the windshield and not on the bumper.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Front plate is indeed a completely pointless. Weird I got pulled over last month for not having it in my neighboring town, then the next DAY I got pulled over again for it in Newark (very far away from 1st stop). Both guys let me go. What I did was I just keep the front plate with the bracket in my back seat and say the screw stripped out and thats why its not on there. Both cops bought it and I still have only been pulled over 2x for it in the last 7 months.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 01:44 PM

If u ever get pulled over for ur plate all u gotta say is Sorry officer my front plate was destroyed in a recent car accident..I have another one on order but they told me it could take a while...Then he mite give u a warning if he doesnt jus tell him to f**koff ...And tell him in ur humble opinion that hes a jackass and doesnt deserve that badge hes wearing..U have every rite to say what u want because its your opinion...! IM jus pissed cuz i went to court today for the second time and i lost because the cop lied and they believed it and i stated that i was guilty no matter wat because a young adult like myself is automatically guilty...Then the judge threatened to arrest me for disorderly conduct..But its ok...I went to the police station of the town that gave me the ticket and Wrote a very Nice complaint about the cop....Very cool! Good luck to ya
Old Dec 15, 2005, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DevilsEvo666
If u ever get pulled over for ur plate all u gotta say is Sorry officer my front plate was destroyed in a recent car accident..I have another one on order but they told me it could take a while...Then he mite give u a warning if he doesnt jus tell him to f**koff ...And tell him in ur humble opinion that hes a jackass and doesnt deserve that badge hes wearing..U have every rite to say what u want because its your opinion...! IM jus pissed cuz i went to court today for the second time and i lost because the cop lied and they believed it and i stated that i was guilty no matter wat because a young adult like myself is automatically guilty...Then the judge threatened to arrest me for disorderly conduct..But its ok...I went to the police station of the town that gave me the ticket and Wrote a very Nice complaint about the cop....Very cool! Good luck to ya
I might think that, but I would never say it to a cop. There is never any benefit to giving a cop a hard time. There are much better ways to get him to let you off. (I'm going to assume you are under 25, with a response like that.)
Old Dec 15, 2005, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
I might think that, but I would never say it to a cop. There is never any benefit to giving a cop a hard time. There are much better ways to get him to let you off. (I'm going to assume you are under 25, with a response like that.)
haha good guess im 21...in like 2 weeks...but drivin an evo in mass is a real pain without cops following u for no reason at all..and dont worry i've yelled at cops plenty of times and they cant do ****.....U cant get arrested for your opinion...It would be interfearing with your first right!
Old Dec 15, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

The first thing I did when I got my car home from the dealer was take off the front plate bracket... I haven't been bothered by any cops in Austin or Houston about it. Sgplancer (lives near me) has however been pulled over and "warned".
Old Dec 15, 2005, 02:25 PM

Michigan doesn't even give you a second plate. 1 plate and the only place to go is on the back.