Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

sirius sat. radio antena location?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by newimportowner
I mounted the antenna in the center front of the dash. works great no problems. i installed the reciever box behing the back wall of the glove box. so when you open it you dont see it, it is on the right side in the back. it opens with the glove box, but it leaves the glove box with all its room for your goodies. i didnt want it outside.
Same here.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 11:31 AM

best place is on top of the roof just infront of the stock antenna just pull the three clips above of the back window on the headliner get your 10mm socket and loosen the stock antenna then run your sirius antenna cable through the same hole that your regular antenna is in ... you will probably need to put some silicone in there so it doesn't leak simple as ever did not take me ten minutes. took me longer to take out my radio and hook up my sir-alp1 to my 9857 alpine headunit.
Old Dec 30, 2006, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Way to bring the thread back from the dead.

The good news is that Sirius has come a long way since this thread was active. They've finally made a unit that recieves truly portable reception, and WiFi indoors in the Stiletto. It's great and has a really upgraded interface over the s50.