Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Radar detectors and their legality. *Please read*

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2006, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Eggy
Please don't tell me to search as this isn't your average run of the mill "Are radar dectors legal"? kind of generic post.

When I buy the Evo I will be driving it back to Canada, and then driving it in Canada for a year (Please don't ask me how, I have discussed this a number of times in previous threads). The car will have American plates and insurance, etc. etc. but I am just wondering if I would get in a lot of trouble for using a radar detector in Canada even though I will be driving in Canada as an American citizen.

I have heard a lot of stories from people saying that cops can't really do anything in Canada to American drivers, so I was just wondering if I would be told "Hey buddy, those things are illegal here so be careful!" or if I would actually get a ticket if I was caught with a radar detector.

Anyone have any experiences they would like to share? If not with radar detectors, then with speeding, etc. in Canada.

If I won't get in trouble I'll be grabbing one as soon as I grab the evo.

-Aaron
I go to college in WA right near the border of Canada. The whole "cops can't do anything in Canada ti American drivers" argument isn't true at all. I know many people who have gotten speeding tickets, given the cop a hard time, and been thrown in jail for it. Obey the local laws.
Old May 8, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eggy
Last time I checked you were the only person in this entire thread who decide to act like a smart-a** while answering. Do it in someone else's thread, thanks.

If you feel like letting me know how much you hate me after a single post, please do it over a PM.

-Aaron
Point a finger and three others point back...you opened the Pandora's box by flinging poop first. to you, too.