Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

More Vivid Racing Problems

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More Vivid Racing Problems

This was brought to my attention so I thought I would share it. This was posted by a member of the 350z forums.

Vivid racing thought it would be Cute to bend me over backwards so I thought I would post this maybe it will open there eyes...

On 05-19-06 I purchased a Carbon Fiber C-West Lip Kit through Mike Carrillo @ Vivid Racing we agree on a total purchase price of 1750.00 Shipped. At time of purchase Vivid did not have kit in stock so Vivid ended up purchasing the kit from Intense Motorsports as they stocked it.

422.00 For the Front Lip
689.00 For the Side Skirts
339.00 For the Rear Underfins
300.00 For shipping

Two weeks later received the body kit all is cool till I received my Credit Card statement and to my surprise there was another separate charge from Vivid racing for the amount of 339.00 which equates to another set of rear underfins.

That same day I call and speak with RJ @ vivid he says it was prob a mistake and that they would get it taken care of on Monday I would receive a phone call from my sales rep on Monday, as of Tues afternoon I had heard nothing.
I figured people are busy they prob forgot so I went ahead and called again on Tues, I spoke to mike in wholesale and he stated that my sales rep would be out of the office till Wed and that he would make sure that my phone call was returned.

Wed and Thursday passed hear nothing, So I called Today and spoke with Kristi @ Vivid who is in charge of all billing she informed me that the 339.00 charge is for another rear under fin, I told her that 339.00 is for the set of rear underfins which had already been charged on my original invoice of 1750.

She stated that c-west had changed there part numbers and no longer sold the rear fins as a set, so C-west charged Intense Motorsports another 339.00who then charged Vivid who then charged my credit card another 339.00 for 1 Rear Fin. She apologized for not notifying me about the extra charge, and said there was nothing they could do sorry for the incontinence "you can return the kit but theres a 35% restocking fee" that’s what really fired me up. So I was transferred to my sale rep Mike Carrillo where he stated everything Kristi had told me, I told him I would dispute this with my Credit Card then he proceeded to say "do whatever the **** you want" click...

At this point I pick up the phone and call C-West USA where I spoke general operations manger. I asked him if the rear underfins were sold separately he said no. Side skirts and Rear Fins are always bundled as a set and never sold separately list price for the Rear Fins is 380.00. And no part numbers have changed

Called Vivid and spoke with Kristi again. I told her this was my last attempt to make things right before I took action. I informed her that I had spoken with c-west and they had confirmed that I was right from the beginning that the rear underfins were sold as a set. I also informed her that nowhere on there website does it state this. She called c-west to verify this they told her the same and she stated to me c-west sells them as a set but we sell them separately after about 20 mins of being on the phone she proceeded to hang up on me.

At this point I called Intense Motorsports (honest people) and spoke with someone who I will not name, and he perty much confirmed what c-west had told me.

I have already filed a Dispute with my CC. And I will continue to post this story on other Automotive Forums. I’m hoping this will make vivid want to work with me. If not I will file a complaints through the Arizona Attorney Generals Office, FBI Consumer Internet Fraud Division, And the Maricopa County Sheriff's office. If you’re considering buying anything through vivid I would think twice about it.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

REPOST

Ok I guess this was already posted on here so my bad. I'm sure some of you did not see it.

I searched under the user name of the guy who started this and nothing came up so maybe this is not a repost. I'm just taking his work for it.

Here is a link to the thread on the 350z forums
http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41089

Last edited by lil'evil_evo; Jun 19, 2006 at 09:24 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:18 AM

I read about Vivid's horrible customer service back on the 350z forums when I had my Z. I've also heard bad stuff about HopUp racing, but I have never had a bad experience with HopUp so far.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

I hadn't seen it. That's F'ed! I always wondered what would happen if they did this.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

I decided to stop dealing with them when they only returned about 1 in 10 of my calls. There are plenty of performance shops locally to choose from. It really gets me fired up when you have to go out of your way to purchase an item from a retailer.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:23 AM

Ya, I was a little bitter at them.. Its not a big deal, but I saw an add on the forums for gunmetal short antennas for $30 shipped.... I went to the website and ordered 1, but it was like $37 shipped.... and like I usually do when that happens, I just let them know the price that I saw on the forums in the little message box and that it would be cool if they charged me the amount that they advertised.... and they did not respond, or give me the discount... it was only like $7 so its no biggie, but every other place I have done this at was chill about it... but ya, kinda lets you know their business ethic.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:03 PM

Dont forget to file a complaint with the better business beauru if it hasnt been mentioned.........sorry to hear about your troubles!
Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Vivid is garbage and I will NEVER buy from them again. I ordered brake pads from them, and after a couple of weeks of not hearing anything it takes me contacting them to find out that they were out of stock. 3 months later, and me finally threatening to cancel the order I get my freakin pads.

I will definitely go elsewhere next time, even if it's a little more expensive.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

...and THAT my friends, is the reason I have NEVER purchased from Vivid...I have been tempted but in my mind, where there is smoke there's fire.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

I have been one of the lucky ones to not ever buy from them either, but my friends have been screwed. The sad thing is that they are gold vendors on these forums. They probably log on each day just to search there business name to see what new threads have been posted about the sorry way they conduct business.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 01:59 PM

I almost had the same problem. I bought a monster sport hood from them, which was about 1800 all said and done. They said it would be at my house in 3 days. Turns out it was in japan still, and it "Missed the crate." It would take 3 months to get it over to the states they claimed. Well, I asked for my money back, thankfully they only made me pay 10%. 10% for something that wasn't in their backroom, that wasnt in the california, hell even the states. They wanted me to pay 10% because someone forgot to put an invoice in the right box. I ended up paying the 180 bucks just because i didnt want to deal with the headache of trying to keep it. I made a second and third mistake by ordering a charge speed hood from them. Which was crooked, miscut, faded, and had nasty bloches all over it. I went back to them and said I'm sick of dealing with hoods, so give me a nice one or I want my money back. Unfortunatly im not in Arizona, and im back in chicago. It doesnt even seem ill get my hood when I go back. Pat the tech there does treat me nicely though, but lately it seems im just running loops with sales reps.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 02:25 PM

I had similar problems (worse though) with RnR racing. I posted SOME of the details in the "2.4 Litre stroker motor" thread which Ryan (of RnR) had put up to sell motors (which he doesn't build and RnR doesn't have any engine building experience or know-how...they just order out to an engine builder in El Cajon). My post was deleted. I assume that Ryan got a hold of an administrator and had my post deleted. I wonder if this will get deleted. Very useful information. Note to self: Stay away from Vivid. Note to others: Stay away from RnR. (ps--if this post gets deleted, maybe others will chime in and start yelling about posts getting deleted when they warn against insane unethical behavior on the part of vendors.)
Old Jun 19, 2006, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

That's what I don't understand about these forums. Why delete a post if it provides good info about a vendor doing bad business. I think we should be given a chance to verify our claim.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a bad experience with vivid a while back when I had a wrx and that was the last time I purchased anything from them.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

I always just ensure the item is in stock before purchase..and even when I do buy the item, I pick it up locally. Judging from there reputation online (not just from EvoM) I wouldn't order online...

Quick Reply: More Vivid Racing Problems