Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi Leaving the US Market? | [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Japanese site

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/outlander/index.html
Old Jul 5, 2006, 11:13 AM

The problem with MMNA is that the base Lancer and the Gallant look and drive pretty blandly.

There's also no gap car between the Lancer Evo and the Ralliart (which imo, is a pathetic attempt at a NA sport sedan).
Old Jul 5, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79
I don't think that Gillans departure is actually bad news for Mitsubishi, Mitsu is going to be better of with Japanese running the show, Americans have no clue what their own public really needs. Take a look at GM or Ford, they are getting beaten up in their own backyard by imports simply because they look better, are more reliable, offer longer warranties, pretty much more bang for the buck.
I agree, partially. I have met Mr. Gilligan in person and he is a very laid back guy, but talking to him it was evident he wanted to give mitsubishi a more american feel. With that said, Im glad the japanese are running the show, but I would be more happy if they took this show into overdrive, time is not the best idea for mitsubishi, they need to act soon.

Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79
Look at the current Galant and what they have done with him? That car won't sell, period, it's simply ugly and for that same price range you can get at least a better looking car such as new Camry, Accord, or even the new Hyundai Sonata... And Galant has always been the volume leader in recent Mitsubishi US sales.
If im not mistaken, the galant is mitsubishi popular seller, yes hard to think but it is true. As of right now it sale more than any other mitsubishi on the US market. I also believe it is ugly, but I guess consumer think otherwise. Allthough it will never sale in quanities as the accord, altima or camry I would suggest MMNA do not redesign it yet because it's a considerable hit. If mitsubishi is going to redesign the galant, I would wait to see how the consumers react to the new redesign altima (coming summer - fall). The new camry is out and is a big hit already and im not sure of a facelift or redesign accord is in the works anytime soon.
Originally Posted by su37su
do you have pics of the new outlander?
Mitsubishi Motor North America 2007 Outlander Flash Site
Originally Posted by SandSanta
The problem with MMNA is that the base Lancer and the Gallant look and drive pretty blandly.

There's also no gap car between the Lancer Evo and the Ralliart (which imo, is a pathetic attempt at a NA sport sedan).
Not so. What are you comparing it to, your evo? Of course it will drive blandly. Compare to its competition, IE: Civic, Sentra, Corolla it drives equally if not better, it just those cars have name sake, something mitsubishi is trying to work on and the same thing goes for the galant.

As for the gap between the ralliart and evo, how is it pathetic? Stop looking at it from a Evo point of view. The ralliart in its segment does a damn fine job, better than anybody has expected. Anyways, there is a middle car, it's called the Evo RS or if that is not your style, its called the eclipse. If that still is not your cup of tea, than wait till 2007 as it will be turbo.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Using the fear of Toyo, Nissan/Renault wants a technology sharing venture, but GM brass nixed the deal, fearing losing more ground against the competition.

Toyo will not buy GM, too much hassle w/ the UAW . . . who wants that headache? Also, GM's liability + pension is too high to absorb.

BTW: Toyo + Honda made a gentlemen agreement amongst themselves that they will NEVER want to sell enough cars in America to an even 50/50 split. They fear Anti-Japanese sentiments amongst the masses. So, Toyo increased their prices on their car to cool off their sales to no avail. Look at NASCAR - they're are some resistance to them even stepping up to the big boys.

BTW: WSJ stated by the end of the year Toyo will surpass GM in overall sales in the world. If GM isn't the Titanic, I don't know what is . . . the shareholders MUST revolt against CEO Wagoner, now!!!!