Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

License Plate Cover Ticket....HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also its not like I bought one of the laser radar blocking ones and now I'm pissed about a speeding ticket or anything like that
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

EvilEvo-- Same it had been on my car for a long time with countless cops behind without ever having any problem at all.. Wrong place at the wrong time on this one
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

yep plus the cop was a ***** so you were doomed the second you rolled out of bed
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
so you admit you bought it with the intent of obscuring your plate... what other reason do you need to understand the ticket is valid and the fine you will get will be justified?

C'mon Mad_VIII! That's BS and you know it. WHY he did it has no relevance here. What matters is did he break the law? According to naucrx's posting, I don't think he did. I think he just ran into an a-hole cop (too many of them out there) that wanted to bust his nutz.

By your reasoning, everyone who has a radar detector also deserves a ticket, even if they're legal in that state (not legal in my state - VA). The only reason to have a radar detector is to speed without getting caught right?

Good luck to you UBlue. Personally I don't like the license plate covers/sprays just because they seem to attract more attention from the cops anyway, which is what you're trying to avoid in the first place. But hell, if you say the license plate was legible, stand by it.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

pkarandi-- Thank you I agree its BS everyone is so mad about me having it, while half the people on here either have an illegal exhaust, tints or even just no front plate, but they will cry about it if they get busted..
If a cop wants to give someone a ticket they will find a reason to.
Also on a side note the cover is getting removed for good as soon as I can get to a socket set
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:28 PM

No prob UBlue. If you do fight it, I would go in there with the law printed out for reference. Also, take numerous pictures of your license plate with the cover on and present those as evidence. (Of course, they should all show clear view of the license plate) Finally, explain to the judge that you removed the cover that same day you got the ticket, even though you think it is legal, because you have no interest in breaking the law, yada, yada, yada. You never know, he might be OK with that.

It was under totally different circumstances, but I think it helped me in the past to present to the judge that I have made the problem go away 100% (in your case, getting rid of the cover). Another thought, take pictures of your plate after the cover is removed. If the plate visibility is roughly the same in the pics, I think you will have a more compelling argument.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:33 PM

Tell them they to find something better to do with their time like surf on the net, they have labtops in their cars.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

haha she was a motorcycle cop.. maybe thats whats she was so angry about everyone else got a laptop and a car w/ AC and she got a helmet and 100+ weather... for that I actually do feel bad for her
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pkarandi
C'mon Mad_VIII! That's BS and you know it. WHY he did it has no relevance here. What matters is did he break the law? According to naucrx's posting, I don't think he did. I think he just ran into an a-hole cop (too many of them out there) that wanted to bust his nutz.

By your reasoning, everyone who has a radar detector also deserves a ticket, even if they're legal in that state (not legal in my state - VA). The only reason to have a radar detector is to speed without getting caught right?

Good luck to you UBlue. Personally I don't like the license plate covers/sprays just because they seem to attract more attention from the cops anyway, which is what you're trying to avoid in the first place. But hell, if you say the license plate was legible, stand by it.
Guess what, I don't have a radar detector. Like I said he knew why he was putting it on there and so do the cops.

You are correct in that the real issue is are they illegal or not.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this thread has completely lost any semblance of value. closed.