Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My baby STOLEN!!!!!

Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy My baby STOLEN!!!!!

Three weeks ago I got my Evo 8 STOLEN from right in front of my house. The police are saying it was a professional or a friend of mind, but whoever took it ONLY took the ECU ( A STOCK ECU for an 03" Evo) not the seats the turbo timer the radio intercooler or turbo just the ECU; WHY???. I get my car back tomorrow and I already bought the clutch lock, the http://www.more-japan.com/SPLASH-Rap...t-p-17456.html the Slpash-Rapfix security kit ( of corse I had to get a NEW streeing wheel), and now I'm wondering which alarm system can I put in my baby. I would greatly appeacitate anyones info on this subject? or at least why take a stock ECU? I do have the shark fins on the roof and maybe they thought it was an MR....but anyways....help

thanks
Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:37 PM
Evolved Member

vendor bashing

Last edited by timzcat; Aug 6, 2006 at 11:14 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:41 PM
Evolving Member

I've heard all you need is an modded ecu to get pass the stock immobilizer...
Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:41 PM

those bastards!
Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

2nd most stolen car in usa behind the escalade
Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

I hate thieves. You're lucky you got your car back man. It's better to invest in another ecu that another car. They probably took the ecu to stick it in a wannabe evo some thief is putting together. Listen their are loads of alarm systems out there. Just make sure you get one that has a remote alarm thingy that notifies you of the alarm being activated by way of the beeper. Some alarms you can be up to 6000ft away and still receive a notification. Good luck man...
Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Who the heck steals an ECU? That is a lot of work...might as well steal the whole car. Glad you got your car back. Mack sure the alarm system is sensitive to movement. I am in the market for an alarm system as well. Good luck
Old Aug 6, 2006, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

If you carry a backpack or messanger tote bag with you everywhere... (or a mid-sized purse for ladies), just invest in an AEM to replace your stock ECU and disconnect the AEM and take it with you wherever you go... one of the best anti-theft methods.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by R33E8
I've heard all you need is an modded ecu to get pass the stock immobilizer...
Huh?

Whoever stole the ECU would have to go to a Mitsu dealer to get it synchronized for the car it goes in due to the immobilizer code. Maybe with EcuFlash, they could get around that, though.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ct9a gsr
If you carry a backpack or messanger tote bag with you everywhere... (or a mid-sized purse for ladies), just invest in an AEM to replace your stock ECU and disconnect the AEM and take it with you wherever you go... one of the best anti-theft methods.
and you have no problem with engine codes going off or nothing????
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:16 PM
Evolving Member

honestly everyone i know has the top-of-the-line viper alarm and it works anywhere, we once remote start my buddies acura tl from 3 blocks away!, they have an adjuster for the sensativity and you can wire a proximity sensor for the inter so if you have your windows down and somebody reaches in it goes off, also, with your alarm invest in peizo sirens, they shake you eardrums and are like 10-15 a peice, good luck bro, sorry to hear about your car.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoboy88
honestly everyone i know has the top-of-the-line viper alarm and it works anywhere, we once remote start my buddies acura tl from 3 blocks away!, they have an adjuster for the sensativity and you can wire a proximity sensor for the inter so if you have your windows down and somebody reaches in it goes off, also, with your alarm invest in peizo sirens, they shake you eardrums and are like 10-15 a peice, good luck bro, sorry to hear about your car.
Do you know which Viper Alarm it is ( Money isn't an issue )
Old Aug 6, 2006, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by derangedazn
Who the heck steals an ECU? That is a lot of work...might as well steal the whole car.
on the contrary, all u do is remove the glovebox take off 3 10mm screws pull the metal plate & the ECU is accessible. someone obviously stole it to try & learn how to flash their own car & if they screw up, they can put their old one back in.

this has been happening in AZ with Subaru owners, after they get a flash especially since the "tuner" now has access to the immobilizer codes & can then get keys made & just DRIVE your car right out the driveway!!! remember these cars are worth more as PARTS then the whole...
Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evil Evo8
and you have no problem with engine codes going off or nothing????
CEL codes do not trigger on the AEM... and with the ECU wiring harness ripped out from behind the glove box onto the side of the passanger floor, my AEM sits on the floor. The 4 ECU plugs disconnect in a matter of seconds and reconnect the same without any problems. Without the AEM, the car won't turn on... guaranteed... and getting a flatbed to steal an Evo is much more difficult than it is to drive it away.

=D
Old Aug 7, 2006, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evobeaner
2nd most stolen car in usa behind the escalade
i hate that reminder.

Thats why the autolock, plus DEI Alarm helps me rest easy.

None the less.... i feel for you bro. Get her locked up like fort knox asap!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My baby STOLEN!!!!!