Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How hard is it to install a intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to do another stage to car so i decided on doing a buschur porteda and jet coated exhaust manifold, snow performance stage 2, walboro fuel pump, and another custom tune. And since my exhasut mani is going out, and my car is going to be out of commision, i taught i would do the intake mani, so i dont beat myself over the head if do decide to do it later. But since you guys say that its worth hardly any gains and a PITA to remove, forget it.

Originally Posted by bluebanana23
yep, alky and cams are the next step
I dont think a cam shows any real gains on a IX.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

To answer your question, getting the manifold on and off is a major PIA. The bolts are hard to get to, there are many hoses on the underside you can olny see from underneath the car. I would wait until you pull the head before messing with the intake, minds well do the head and the intake at the same time. I think in many ways I would rather pull the whole head then just the manifold.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MSTR MR9
I want to do another stage to car so i decided on doing a buschur porteda and jet coated exhaust manifold, snow performance stage 2, walboro fuel pump, and another custom tune. And since my exhasut mani is going out, and my car is going to be out of commision, i taught i would do the intake mani, so i dont beat myself over the head if do decide to do it later. But since you guys say that its worth hardly any gains and a PITA to remove, forget it.
Well if the car is going to be out of commission, I would send the intake manifold and throttle body to Bushur at the same time as the exhaust and get them all ported together that way your car won't be out of commission again in the future. It's only another $375, so at that point, I'd say it's worth doing. It's not that hard to swap. I'd also recommend a Hondata phenolic gasket while you have the intake off.