Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution Horror Stories

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Evolution Horror Stories

okay, I have had the worst luck since I bought my Evo. I bought my Evo IX MR on june 24th here in El Paso. First off, It was delayed in shipping and it took a month for a car that was pre-ordered, before i bought it, to arrive. No big deal. When it got here they wouldnt release it to me for almost a week. again no big deal just a pain in my ***. Then I got it, I drove it for 20 days exactly and the motor blew due to the rain here in El paso. The insurance covered it, and I had it back in 23 days. I got it back and the did a lil head work to it so it had more power. I loved it. Then my clutch went out. I had been racing so it didnt suprise me. I talk to the service manager here to have it fixed... but its not covered by warranty. So i convince him its was caused by my motor locking up on the freeway at 70 and that it extremely premature. So he says okay and gets my insurance to cover it. Well today my car was picked up to go and have the clutch replaced. It hasnt been driven in almost a month now because of the clutch. When its on the tow truck I notice that there is fluid on my cars underbody. I take a closer look. MY CLUTCH SLIPPING SHATTERED MY TRANNY. I drove it once with the clutch slipping after i had checked it out the night my clutch blew. I didnt even get on it. I am so screwed. If anyone has a horror story like mine. feel free to post it.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, sorry to hear abt all that, I sure do feel bad for you! I dont have anything that can even come close to that...you should get an STi...lol they're more reliable!
Old Oct 10, 2006, 12:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
because the insurance claim to replace the motor. technically its been wrecked... the trade value is gone.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!!!, im sorry to hear that man.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
got pic of your tranny? HOw many miles you got on it now? Man I sure wish Mitsu would help out with the warranty.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

That really sucks man!
Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joseph143
okay, I have had the worst luck since I bought my Evo. I bought my Evo IX MR on june 24th here in El Paso. First off, It was delayed in shipping and it took a month for a car that was pre-ordered, before i bought it, to arrive. No big deal. When it got here they wouldnt release it to me for almost a week. again no big deal just a pain in my ***. Then I got it, I drove it for 20 days exactly and the motor blew due to the rain here in El paso. The insurance covered it, and I had it back in 23 days. I got it back and the did a lil head work to it so it had more power. I loved it. Then my clutch went out. I had been racing so it didnt suprise me. I talk to the service manager here to have it fixed... but its not covered by warranty. So i convince him its was caused by my motor locking up on the freeway at 70 and that it extremely premature. So he says okay and gets my insurance to cover it. Well today my car was picked up to go and have the clutch replaced. It hasnt been driven in almost a month now because of the clutch. When its on the tow truck I notice that there is fluid on my cars underbody. I take a closer look. MY CLUTCH SLIPPING SHATTERED MY TRANNY. I drove it once with the clutch slipping after i had checked it out the night my clutch blew. I didnt even get on it. I am so screwed. If anyone has a horror story like mine. feel free to post it.
Sorry to hear such story, but you HAVE been racing your car.
Nonetheless, best of luck.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've got a TRE modified 6 speed for sale, still at TRE to be shipped direct to the buyer. PM me if you'd be interested.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by joseph143
the motor blew due to the rain here in El paso.
Sorry, please explain how rain blew your motor? Did you hit a puddle/small lake and suck it into your intake?

Just confused.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:09 AM

How did you blow a brand new motor?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

I'd say Lemon Law on this one.. thats insane
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:13 AM
Account Disabled

?
I drove it for 20 days exactly and the motor blew due to the rain here in El paso
rain did that?
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

clutch shattering tranny? rain blowin motor? something just isnt adding up. A clutch blowing apart and the fragments taking out the tranny I could see. But not from slipping. Then the rain blowing up your motor? How? Why on earth did your insurance cover that? I suppose under comprehensive damage. But that sounds more like a warranty issue. You have mods?

I am sorry but your story does not sound right. Give us all the details.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

I think what he is saying is he basically drives his car too hard and when it starts telling him to chill out a little bit, the guy just drives it harder....the car is not invincible, no matter what everyone in here thinks. So treat it like like a fine lady, nice on the streets and mean on the track. Don't treat it like a $20 hooker and rag the **** out of it.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolving Member

Title of the post should read...

Evolution Horror Stories: How I KILLED my Evo....

Quick Reply: Evolution Horror Stories