Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cost to keep up with ZO6?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stop&TurnFreak
The C6 Z06 was in TTU, and my car with mods was classed in TTB for NASA Time Attack.

Cusco Front and Rear Swaybars
Tein Flex Coil-overs w/ Custom springs
Cusco Rear Strut-tower Brace
RacingBrake Rotors
SS Lines
Hawk Pads

Custom AMS Flash
AMS Lower Intercooler Piping
AMS Down-pipe
AMS Cat-back
SAFC2 (For track adjustments)
WideBand 02
AMS Racing Intercooler
Buddy Club Racing Cams
When was this a TTB car, looks like a TTA car?

Originally Posted by Stop&TurnFreak
What really matters isn't car, what really matters is the driver.
YES...more than anything it is the driver.

I have run on the track with both C5 and C6 Z06.......and it comes down to the driver every time. At Mid-Ohio this year Danny Popp jumped in a bone stock C5 Z06 with Hoosiers and made 3 laps around the track to best my TTS time by 3 seconds....... (he was in TTU but his personal car broke)

In a straight line, a win over either is not super hard even on a stock turbo, until you hit triple digits and you can watch the C6 drive away.

Matt
Old Sep 4, 2007, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A c6 ZO6 is no problem with my mods. . He dyno'ed 487whp with an intake and long tubes.

3 car from a 40 roll
Old Sep 4, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vwjeff
A c6 ZO6 is no problem with my mods. . He dyno'ed 487whp with an intake and long tubes.

3 car from a 40 roll

He dynoed at 487whp and you got him from a 40mph roll with you at only 467 whp on C16 ......um he miust have been a lame *** driver then. Sorry maybe from a dig up to 100mph or so but from a roll doesn't sound right. What time are you running in the Qtr mile.

You weight more and lack arerodynamics.

Like I said must of been a bad driver.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 01:20 PM

Well I have a friend with C6 Z06 and we did some testing and it's very interesting. He hardly hit 175 MPH. We took it on a private course and we had a good 4 mile straight to try it. My Evo with the stock turbo is putting 380 WHP. We both hit it from 40 MPH to top end and he edge me out by 1 car after 155 MPH. Up to 155 MPH i owned him every time. C6 Z06 is a nice car, but you have to see if it's practical enough for you. IF you have the money then get it. I will only drive Evos for the rest of my life.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hm depends on the driver and your mods, both cars - is it from a dead stop or roll, from a roll you need a bigger turbo for sure.

damn i cant wait till i get gt35R
Old Sep 4, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
20G's on the nose. Buschur built a 93 octane 135MPH trapping car for that. No Meth.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

U could always buy a bike? R1's are pretty sweet.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by High_PSI
20G's on the nose. Buschur built a 93 octane 135MPH trapping car for that. No Meth.
And I'll take bets hes not runnin that high a PSI on the street with a stock block....or was it a stock block? I'm thinking not.

My friend still holds the MPH record for a stock block at 131mph Emery .. look it up on the list.

Like Eric said at AMS you can 't compare shop cars to a DD. Even if the DD makes big power. ...things break and people don't want to keep pouring $$ into a car week after week so you run them a little conservitive on the street. If a shop car breaks it's no big deal they just fix it. Beleive me I've spent many many hours on the phone with AMS and still talk to them a lot also have had a few good talks with Buschur and a few others...they all think the same. Reliable and safe!!

Even with my build we run about 2-3 psi under max on the street. It's safe...no KA-BOOM if ya know what I mean.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by _ceteuro
Well I have a friend with C6 Z06 and we did some testing and it's very interesting. He hardly hit 175 MPH. We took it on a private course and we had a good 4 mile straight to try it. My Evo with the stock turbo is putting 380 WHP. We both hit it from 40 MPH to top end and he edge me out by 1 car after 155 MPH. Up to 155 MPH i owned him every time. C6 Z06 is a nice car, but you have to see if it's practical enough for you. IF you have the money then get it. I will only drive Evos for the rest of my life.

ROTMFFLOL, no way your stock turbo EVO kept up with a z06 up to 155
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know about his car but I have seen the other side of 183mph and still had some more left....intake and tune then...so it wan't 100% stock.

My friend is putting down more HP than you and he can only stay with me from a 40 mph roll through 2nd cause I spin in 1st ( bald tires LOL ) and he gets the lead but then I reel him in by the middle of 3rd.....so I don't know about your friends car. Does he have TC off? if not tell him to take it off it retards timing. Car is slower.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

New Z06's are brutal.

These things are trapping real close to 130 mph stock. Flying from the factory.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Owens Racing
New Z06's are brutal.

These things are trapping real close to 130 mph stock. Flying from the factory.

Friend of mine Carlos 06 Z06 just ran a 9:88 @ 142mph with just an Intake, ported TB and intake, Tune, AR headers and 100 dry shot... and of course DR's..

This thread is making me want to go drive mine NOW!!....be back later

Last edited by WhtEvo05; Sep 4, 2007 at 02:49 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhtEvo05
Friend of mine Carlos 06 Z06 just ran a 9:88 @ 142mph with just an Intake, ported TB and intake, Tune, AR headers and 100 dry shot... and of course DR's..
You sure about those mods? If thats true then he holds the record for a c6z.

A guy with a lot more mods (headwork, cam, full exhaust, weight reduction, tune) and a 175hp shot went 9.94 @ 139.85. So thats a slower ET with less MPH and way more mods then what your buddy has who supposedly ran a quicker/faster time... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...11&postcount=8
Old Sep 4, 2007, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
You sure about those mods? If thats true then he holds the record for a c6z.

A guy with a lot more mods (headwork, cam, full exhaust, weight reduction, tune) and a 175hp shot went 9.94 @ 139.85. So thats a slower ET with less MPH and way more mods then what your buddy has who supposedly ran a quicker/faster time... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...11&postcount=8
Check out Vette-Air website and you will see the times for yourself. Also they are also on Corvettefourms if you search under " MYhardtop" beleive me he did it. Also Carlos is a very good driver and a TRUE ROAD WARRIOR.....there is a whole underworld of "street race guys" that run for lots of big $$$ in the Dallas and other areas that don't want anybody to know there cars potenial in fact there is a 37r Evo that is involved and does quite well.....but it isn't me.

Yeh thats White Devil! That is the car you are talking about....he has the fastest C6Z06 time on Corvettefourm "fast list' that was just started BTW. I don't think Carlos has posted his slip yet and he might not as they have pi**ed a lot of guys off because they have make it very difficult to post your times, you have to do all this other horseshi** . A lot of guys aren't very happy about it either.

Good Catch though
Old Sep 4, 2007, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry, but that story sounds a little fishy to me.

Quick Reply: Cost to keep up with ZO6?