Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cost to keep up with ZO6?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2007, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhtEvo05
Check out Vette-Air website and you will see the times for yourself. Also they are also on Corvettefourms if you search under " MYhardtop" beleive me he did it. Also Carlos is a very good driver and a TRUE ROAD WARRIOR.....there is a whole underworld of "street race guys" that run for lots of big $$$ in the Dallas and other areas that don't want anybody to know there cars potenial in fact there is a 37r Evo that is involved and does quite well.....but it isn't me.

Yeh thats White Devil! That is the car you are talking about....he has the fastest C6Z06 time on Corvettefourm "fast list' that was just started BTW. I don't think Carlos has posted his slip yet and he might not as they have pi**ed a lot of guys off because they have make it very difficult to post your times, you have to do all this other horseshi** . A lot of guys aren't very happy about it either.

Good Catch though
The reason for all the verification is because A LOT of people will make false claimes about the time they ran or the mods they had at the time. I've personally seen dozens of people make false claims about what they ran and when they couldn't produce verification time after time the truth finally came out that either they had more mods then they were stating or never even ran the time in the first place. One guy who was claiming to have the fastest stock C6 Z06 didn't even own a damn C6 z06. SO you see why its important to have those rules in effect.

I don't think its too much to ask to produce a time slip or video of the run to verify, especially if its a record breaker like your friend has. Honestly if someone can't do that then I would say their time is suspect like your friend with much less mods then that whitedevilz06 guy ran but a quicker & faster time. I would love to be proved wrong but I think there is a reason why he doesn't want to post & verify his claims.

The fast list has been around since 2001 when the Z06 first came out, its not a new thing. The C6 Z06 list has been unofficial until now because nobody wanted to do the policing. Now that Ranger has stepped up and took over I'm sure it will be legit like all the other lists maintained on the borad.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 05:52 AM
Evolving Member

I know the street racers are faster then most track guys. Why cause on the street you lose you lose money. At the track woopty dooo most go for fun.

As for a street racer posting times, will not happen and the dude posted his buddies times prob get smacked around for that. I know personally my car that just sold. Its times never came out till I posted them. That was three years later.

FWIW I think the Z06 belonging to this Carlos can run what he said. I went 11.01 in my 96 Z28 on a 150 shot. This is a cam only full bolt on full weight car. Basically it boils done to 60' times with these cars.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Owens Racing
I know the street racers are faster then most track guys. Why cause on the street you lose you lose money. At the track woopty dooo most go for fun.

As for a street racer posting times, will not happen and the dude posted his buddies times prob get smacked around for that. I know personally my car that just sold. Its times never came out till I posted them. That was three years later.

FWIW I think the Z06 belonging to this Carlos can run what he said. I went 11.01 in my 96 Z28 on a 150 shot. This is a cam only full bolt on full weight car. Basically it boils done to 60' times with these cars.
People race at the track for money all the time. Just because you race for money on the street doesn't mean you're faster then someone who races at the track. Besides that I know alot of street racers who will race at the track, if they don't want someone to know their time they just pay the extra $5.00 and run whats called 'no time'. That means only you get the slip and its not posted on the reader board.

There are a lot of people out there who are afraid to actually go to the track and see what they run and would rather run on the street and say "I beat a 12.0 EVO so my cars runs 11s". Just because you beat a 12sec car on the street doesn't mean you can run 12s at the track, I've seen it a bunch of times.

the 11.1 you ran in your z28 isn't that big of a deal, and I'm sure wasn't ONLY on a 150shot. A friend with an ls1 with cutouts, tuen and a 200shot & was running 11.0/10.9 pretty damn consistantly. with cam and tune now hes around 10.6 - 10.7 now.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

you guys are talking about the c5 z06 like it is slow. LOL!!

The car stock is capable of running 11's with proper driving/track conditions.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Well, if you want to keep up with a Z06, then make as much power, weigh as much, and have as much rubber on the ground. So get up to ~500 crank, loose a couple hundred pounds, and get new suspension that can handle the traction of 285 rubber all the way around.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dropspeed
When was this a TTB car, looks like a TTA car?

YES...more than anything it is the driver.

I have run on the track with both C5 and C6 Z06.......and it comes down to the driver every time. At Mid-Ohio this year Danny Popp jumped in a bone stock C5 Z06 with Hoosiers and made 3 laps around the track to best my TTS time by 3 seconds....... (he was in TTU but his personal car broke)

In a straight line, a win over either is not super hard even on a stock turbo, until you hit triple digits and you can watch the C6 drive away.

Matt
Good Catch, the year I was tossing around the idea, it was TTA, but the next year, after the rules, it was TTB. They changed them when the 9 came out, and it moved me down, but only by a few ticks. But, like all things, it is open to interpretation.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

You missed the point when a guy has a car that can run single digits and is into street racing. Races around here have been as high as 10 grand. You can bet the guy running on the street has his car hooking and running at the top percentage for his mods.

I been around man. 32 and been racing since 18. No clocks is what we call it up here. Only one place I trust. The tower with the timing in it is locked and only one person is allowed up there. We go to the track on Street Car Chaos night check it out www. streetcarchaos . net. Once a month and it brings in some serious players from the midwest.

I am not disagreeing with you. Basically saying your boy being a street racer has his car on top of the game. For it is money that he risks losing not pride at some fun day at the track.

make sense?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Money or no money, street racing is just wrong. Too many risks, and as some one 'accused' of it, I can tell you, it cost me huge to get out of it. I finally told the judge I wish I had been racing, so I could at least had some fun.

And the laws will be changing, if what is happening in CA and VA is any indication. I think speed competition will eventaully go away, and be changed to attempted murder, even on a single road, by yourself, at night, during a leap year, with your lucky rabbits foot in the car because of the potential damage you could cause to self and others.

Anyway, back on point,

C6 Z06 >= modded Evo on a road course with equal drivers
C5 Z06 = Modded Evo on a road course with equal drivers
all Z06 modded > modded Evo on drag strip ?

Sound about right ....
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

my setup is ganna be basically aimed at being a c6 zo6 stoplight eater...tme 20g, gsc s1 cams, mbc im feeling 25ish psi give or take 2 psi,drop in by bmc, and ported intake and exhuast manifold along with o2 housing and turbo back and Lower intercooler pipe ...total cost 4 me since i install myself....5k and u have a very fast spooling evo but yet the power of a 20g.....and mabe a new clutch after stock goes...exedy stage 2...install clutches myself so only will cost me 500ish bucks...pretty decent 4 a 18year old with no mechanical background....education wise...alwased help dad with maintence since like 6 or 7...feeling a good 450 on 93 oct. pump atleast...doin cams this week wish me luck with first experience with valvetrain!!

Last edited by EVOIXMR8916; Sep 5, 2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

triple post...WTF

Last edited by EVOIXMR8916; Sep 5, 2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Triple post...WTF??
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:05 PM

^ 450 is shooting a little high, and 25 psi on pump is a little high as well. With al that you would have a hard time even getting to 400 whp. It would be about 450 crank. Not many people have gotten to that # w/ running meth/race gas/e85 etc.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 03:17 PM

nice write up
Originally Posted by WhtEvo05
Ok guys I think I can clear up a few questions on this subject.

I own both a 07 C6 Z06 and the AMS built Evo you see in my signiture.

Let me start here....the Evo is a good car bone stock.....the Z06 is a GREAT CAR bone stock.

A stock Evo is easy to drive on a raod course and even a ok driver can have some fun and be competitive. ....but stock vs stock a Z06 will lap an Evo period.

Drag race stock for stock...well we won't even go there..since there isn't a stock Evo that can run mid to low 11's on street tires and beleive me many guys havewith there Z's. I ran a 11:7 @124mph on bald stock tires spinning through most of 1st gear. This is on a 89 degree day with very high humidity. Z06 was bone stock.

Lets get to the Modding part...Z06 just and intake and tune picked up 40hp more to the wheels.

The Evo as you can see has just about everything you can do to a 37r 2.0 car .

Evo 3450lbs Z06 3052lbs Weight and Aero - Advantage Z06.

The Evo also has three maps ( Tunes) 93 @ 20psi very conservative boost for the street. BTW Drives great!!

100oct Tune @ 26psi again very conservative could be as high as 28 safely.

C-16 @ 36 psi 700whp on AMS Dyno could go 38 but don't want it take a chance on it going BOOM

Ok from a roll the Z06 will walk away from the Evo on 93 oct tune and will go way beyond the MPH limit of the Evos gearing....175mph vs 200 +. On a track there is no contest it is the Z06. Although I have to say, you have to be a good driver to get the most out of the Z06 but for those that can forget about it.

Evo on 100 oct drag race should be a close one....haven't done that race yet but we will do a comparison when the Z is done ( having the intake and TB ported and retuned..this coming week and it should be right around 500 whp with those mods....on a raod course I still would give it to the Z with the Evo running that big turbo it really isn't set up for RR.

The Evo on C-16 well forget about it!!! Evo will walk away from the Z06 by car lengths again until it runs out of gears....then its Z territory.

BTW Ranger ran a 10:85 @ 129.88 mph on DR's bone stock car but he is a awesome driver.

LPE just built a TT Z06 1400hp that unofficially just broke the standing mile record at 226mph and they said the car has more in it..I would say based on there 8:56 second C5 TT shop car that this new one would be a bit faster....and it can be driven daily and it comes with a 3 year 36mile warranty to boot.

Bottom line is if you have enough money you can make a VW go fast... and I think it will be quite some time before we start seeing the kind of mods to take a Evo X past Z06 performance stats.

Old Sep 5, 2007, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
depend on the road course too , but all about the driver. Period.
its alots of BS in this thread... as usual when coming down to corvette.

Last edited by Robevo RS; Sep 5, 2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
The reason for all the verification is because A LOT of people will make false claimes about the time they ran or the mods they had at the time. I've personally seen dozens of people make false claims about what they ran and when they couldn't produce verification time after time the truth finally came out that either they had more mods then they were stating or never even ran the time in the first place. One guy who was claiming to have the fastest stock C6 Z06 didn't even own a damn C6 z06. SO you see why its important to have those rules in effect.

I don't think its too much to ask to produce a time slip or video of the run to verify, especially if its a record breaker like your friend has. Honestly if someone can't do that then I would say their time is suspect like your friend with much less mods then that whitedevilz06 guy ran but a quicker & faster time. I would love to be proved wrong but I think there is a reason why he doesn't want to post & verify his claims.

The fast list has been around since 2001 when the Z06 first came out, its not a new thing. The C6 Z06 list has been unofficial until now because nobody wanted to do the policing. Now that Ranger has stepped up and took over I'm sure it will be legit like all the other lists maintained on the borad.
Your right about the mods part of the debate over on the Vettefourms but it is the
DA corrections vs Altitude only correction that all the heat is about and there seems to be two different camps over there...so I'm staying away from it until the dust is settled.

BTW did you go to Vette -Air and see Carlos times. They are real, also he is a honest and helpful vendor on the site and has helped "White Devil " when he was just starting to experiment with Nitrous on the Z so yeah he is for real. Remember what I said he is a very good driver much like Ranger.

Ranger is a very detailed man and as you said he has stepped it up and took over and I give him props for it.

Nice post

Last edited by WhtEvo05; Sep 6, 2007 at 12:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Cost to keep up with ZO6?