Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HVAC Issue's!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2007, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BenBob
Make sure you have the one on the right!!! This lancer only has 34,000 miles, and needed the job done, and it's had a pollen filter it's whole life. just the crappy one.

this is right after I took the dash out. (This one took me 19 minutes )

This is what the heater blend door kit looks like new.

SEE what happens!!!!

The updtated link and lever kit that everyone is speaking of is on the left. All it does is increase the mechanical advantage of your knob.

Does this help any??
You have a part number for that new blend door gear? I'll have my parts guy order it tomorrow
Old Oct 15, 2007, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going to print out the tsb tomorrow at work. it has all the part numbers, except for the control head
Old Oct 15, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going to print out the tsb tomorrow at work. it has all the part numbers, except for the control head
Is there an updated tsb? I've seen the other one but haven't looked in alldata for tsb's for a few weeks. You a tech at mitsu? Warranty pay good over there? Must be nice for yall to still have timing belts on some of your cars
Old Oct 15, 2007, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Nothing updated recently. yes I am. Warranty isn't too bad. I forgot what this job pays. I'll post it up when I print the tsb tomorrow.
VW warranty is very nice though.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

[quote=dazed01;4853483]Is there an updated tsb? I've seen the other one but haven't looked in alldata for tsb's for a few weeks.

Yes there are two tsb's for this problem. I have an 03 and brought it in just before the warranty was up because the temp control knob had a lot of "play" in it. They replaced some cables and added some lube. This worked for about 6 months and the problem came back. This time the warranty was up, but the mechanic said there was an updated TSB which was a replacment of the entire unit and was able to get the work approved because the first "fix" failed.
As was stated earlier, the new TSB replaces the entire unit. It has a gear mechanism that is stronger as opposed to the cable (I think thats what he said) but it requires disassembly of the dash. Since it was going to covered for free I had it done. No problems now.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, I have the TSB.
heater blend door kit 7801A360
link and lever kit 7801A110
pollen filter MN185231

and lancer pays 3.6 outlander pays 3.4 add .3 if you have to install a pollen.

I have one control head, and will have another this week. both have unbroken knobs.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, I have the TSB.
heater blend door kit 7801A360
link and lever kit 7801A110
pollen filter MN185231

and lancer pays 3.6 outlander pays 3.4 add .3 if you have to install a pollen.

I have one control head, and will have another this week. both have unbroken knobs.
Well, I got my car back last week so I ordered that link and lever kit today. It cost me 10.38 shipped overnight I should have ordered a pollen filter and the blend door but I really don't feel like replacing the blend door till I see how much difference the link kit makes.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
damn i thought the cable was binding up on something behind there. my buddy is an ex mitsu tech, my evo is getting the alarm put in and he's over there cuz its his buddy who's doing the alarm.

he just texted me saying i needed an updated heater door, i'm like HUH? now i know the full extent of it all. it sucks and i hope i dont have to have my car in the shop over night or something like that. i hate being without my car and thats why i got a new car. this sucks but hope it all works out in the end.

Eddie Rosado
Old Dec 1, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
its crazy i was a mitsu tech till mid 06 and i never did this job.

Eddie Rosado
Old Dec 2, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by ModenaTwinTurbo
damn i thought the cable was binding up on something behind there. my buddy is an ex mitsu tech, my evo is getting the alarm put in and he's over there cuz its his buddy who's doing the alarm.

he just texted me saying i needed an updated heater door, i'm like HUH? now i know the full extent of it all. it sucks and i hope i dont have to have my car in the shop over night or something like that. i hate being without my car and thats why i got a new car. this sucks but hope it all works out in the end.

Eddie Rosado
I put the updated levers on my car about two years ago and I am getting along just fine. I have a new heater door if I ever need it. I know if I pull the dash the job for me will be six days not thirty minutes.

There's no filter on my car either. I do try not to park under trees.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Subscribed, mine went out on me (again). No broken knobs, but just impossible to turn the heater control freely.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
I opened the A/C dash area today and noticed that my heater cable doesn't get pushed into its tube. If I turn the heater knob, the cable just bends. Do I just need to replace the cables? How much of the dash needs to be taken out if I replace the cable?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

So if my temperature knob broke off, but can still be put back on, what all do I need? Just the link and lever kit?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jtyler
So if my temperature knob broke off, but can still be put back on, what all do I need? Just the link and lever kit?
I'm in the process of repairing mine now. You might want to come join this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...n-problem.html
Old Apr 3, 2010, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread is old and the gentleman above linked everyone to the correct thread to merge in. However, I wanted to post a link to the new thread I've created. I'm trying to create a giant guide.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ega-guide.html