Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Thinking About Trading My IX For A Terminator

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2007, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gregfromblur
i own an evo 8.... wanted to get a cobra as a second car.... ended up getting an evo 9. haha. i love evos. Yea some people like strait line, some road race... the point is, the car does them all well... unlike a cobra. $2300 in mods will getmyou mad HP in the cobra, but $2300 on an evo, will get you some super handles.

also.... i know how you feel about breaking stuff. both my 8 and 9 have Shep tranny's and Tcases now. Just for peace of mind, and both run Exedy Twin Disk HD's.

Get that tranny Taken care of, and I guarentee you'll fall back in love with it bro.

Good luck
Its been taken care of. Devo built tranny with Evo VIII 4th gear. Like I said in my earlier posts I wouldn't trade my car for anything else anymore. As long as I don't mess anything up in the future. For now I'm very happy with the Evo. But I really need some winter tires.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beemerfreak
Its been taken care of. Devo built tranny with Evo VIII 4th gear. Like I said in my earlier posts I wouldn't trade my car for anything else anymore. As long as I don't mess anything up in the future. For now I'm very happy with the Evo. But I really need some winter tires.
I hope not to see a "I wrecked my EVO in the snow" thread from you anytime soon. I'm assuming you have the Advans still on your car. If so, they are horrible in the snow. So bad that a 400whp Cobra is actually better in the snow than the EVO. I know from experience...
Old Dec 5, 2007, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by beemerfreak
You've made the right choice
I hear ya, we had 4" of snow today and balding all-seasons didn't cut it. Ordered Blizzak WS-50's from the TireRack tonight!
Old Dec 5, 2007, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

it seems like you like driving the straight quarter mile. sell the evo and get a cobra. cobras make some big power
Old Dec 5, 2007, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

o u keepin the evo?.. disregard my post