Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

It's a bird... It's a plane.... No it's a deer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a bird... It's a plane.... No it's a deer

On my way to the mall late last night from the gf's house. I take the connecting ramp to put me onto the mall exit and a deer decided life wasn't worth living so he committed suicide by jumping in front of my car. Carnage to follow:

Daylight picture:

Last but not least.........................

Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is horrible. At least you are ok and it definitely looks fixable.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Damn work computer system and their websense blockage. I'll have to wait until I get home to see the carnage.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:25 AM
Account Disabled

Damn looks like JDM Headlights, IX front bumper might be in the near future.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
You must have hit him pretty hard for him to not even make it off the road. Usually the adrenaline gets them into the woods. Insurance should hook you though.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Import Junky
Damn looks like JDM Headlights, IX front bumper might be in the near future.
Stock headlights.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good shot
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh my dude, that sucks man. I feel your pain. I hit a deer going 90mph on the highway in my 3000GT. I swerved to avoid it, it clipped me in the same spot as your car. I tried to regain control, but the car spun around 4 times before plowing into a hillside. I was lucky I didnt die. Surprisingly, it was only $5600 dollars worth of damage.

The NEXT DAY, my car is in the shop, and I take my dad's truck to go to school. A whole freakin' herd of deer decide to make a crossing in front of the truck. I was only going 25mph, slammed on the brakes and still hit one...right off the chrome grill. Grill was ok, Deer's head was not. Cop came and shot it in the middle of the street scaring the living crap out of me.

2 weeks go by, and I get my car back. The next day, i'm driving on my street, look down at the radio for mere moments, look up and there is a big stupid deer just staring at me like i'm an as#hole. I hit the brakes, he doesnt move, rolls up onto my freshly painted hood. Dents it all up. Found him dead not far from the incident a few days later.

I KILLED 3 DEER IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS. From then on, my 3000GT was known as the Deer Slayer. So, I know exactly how you feel. It could always be worse...just be glad you aren't me, haha. Hang in there man .
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

As long as you owned him for doing that damage, its good.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

That sucks doesnt look too bad but those suckers can do some damage sometimes. I dreaded that when i lived in NJ thankfully I never hit one. No deer here in FL (at least where I live)
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

I would be glad it's not totalled and look forward to a set of JDM headlights, new hood, and IX front bumper(or whatever you prefer instead).
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
Oh my dude, that sucks man. I feel your pain. I hit a deer going 90mph on the highway in my 3000GT. I swerved to avoid it, it clipped me in the same spot as your car. I tried to regain control, but the car spun around 4 times before plowing into a hillside. I was lucky I didnt die. Surprisingly, it was only $5600 dollars worth of damage.

The NEXT DAY, my car is in the shop, and I take my dad's truck to go to school. A whole freakin' herd of deer decide to make a crossing in front of the truck. I was only going 25mph, slammed on the brakes and still hit one...right off the chrome grill. Grill was ok, Deer's head was not. Cop came and shot it in the middle of the street scaring the living crap out of me.

2 weeks go by, and I get my car back. The next day, i'm driving on my street, look down at the radio for mere moments, look up and there is a big stupid deer just staring at me like i'm an as#hole. I hit the brakes, he doesnt move, rolls up onto my freshly painted hood. Dents it all up. Found him dead not far from the incident a few days later.

I KILLED 3 DEER IN LESS THAN 3 WEEKS. From then on, my 3000GT was known as the Deer Slayer. So, I know exactly how you feel. It could always be worse...just be glad you aren't me, haha. Hang in there man .

Originally Posted by CrackerJackToy
As long as you owned him for doing that damage, its good.
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow that is a great story lol.

Poor bambi
Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

dude you officially have the worst luck ever...your insurance company musta thought you were trying to pull something.

Originally Posted by 06MRV8Killer
I dreaded that when i lived in NJ thankfully I never hit one. No deer here in FL (at least where I live)
Yeah I'm scared to drive at night on the backroads...but the lesson is to drive right through them, not worth saving them but crashing into something else even worse.