Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car wont start, need help fast!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
but the thing is it has started once to about 1000rpm then died. also it reved from 0 - 1000 really slowly, that 1 time
I appologize, I was thinking it was starting at all.
No go for tomorrow i'm booked all day.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoHung
Looks like your avatar is saying this in frustration. Anyways, to the op, do you have your Ecu? What would happen if you took the aem out and plug up your ecu to see if it starts? Aem might be defective seeing that it went through some technical difficulties. These are just my thoughts and shouldn't be taken as advice but as opinions. Good luck with that man.
this was actually my original thought, and i think i might do that tomorrow.

as far as the ecu swap, is the plug in order the same for the AEM and the stock eco? as far as the 3 plugs?
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SWOLN
I appologize, I was thinking it was starting at all.
No go for tomorrow i'm booked all day.
lol i was only kidding

yeah it would turn over to about 100 rpm n go back to not really turning

its weird. any other ideas?
Old Jan 12, 2008, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone else?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
take the dam AEM off put your stocker on and eliminate that. You sound like you should have someone with a little more car sense around you. You are coming off as blonde.

Why were u pushing your car before you got the springs and retainers?

My money is on the aem being the culprit.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

If I'm not mistaken it's not as easy as unplugging the aem and putting the stocker back in, IIRC the aem is normally installed in speed density mode so there is some plumbing work that needs to be done as well.

If the aem was installed using the stock maf (not even sure if that is possible) you may want to check the plug on the maf and make sure it is seated, just unplug it and plug it back in. Also check for split boost hoses and do a boost leak test, but if it won't start up I would suspect a LARGE split in one of the intake pipes or a hose completely off.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mad_VIII
If I'm not mistaken it's not as easy as unplugging the aem and putting the stocker back in, IIRC the aem is normally installed in speed density mode so there is some plumbing work that needs to be done as well.

If the aem was installed using the stock maf (not even sure if that is possible) you may want to check the plug on the maf and make sure it is seated, just unplug it and plug it back in. Also check for split boost hoses and do a boost leak test, but if it won't start up I would suspect a LARGE split in one of the intake pipes or a hose completely off.
im going to try n put the stock ecu back in, and yeah its pretty easy to reinstall the stock ecu, i just plug in this stock plug on my intake manifold and plug in my maf sensor
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

How do you "roll to a stop" with your brakes locked up?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
How do you "roll to a stop" with your brakes locked up?
What do you mean? The car just slowly, slowed down untill we were slow enough for me to pull the ebrake a little for a complete stop.

Now when i say locked up like someone said before, if you pump the brake in another car it will do like the same sort of lock up, so im not sure if the brakes are really completely locked to the point where i cant stop at all, or if they just feel really tough.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

This is what happens when parents fund a big build and you got a "blonde" behind the wheel! Your **** is way to advanced for YOU the "user"!
Old Jan 13, 2008, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Oh yeah BTW for having an MR you should have been tuned in 4th gear and you hit fuel cut in 4th because you were creating a higher load. You tuner should have known to tune you in 4th because its a 1:1 gear ratio.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

When your AEM was installed your car was most likely switched to speed density. So when you switch to your stock ECU you have to change to the stock map sensor and put the MAF back in. This will be easy or difficult depending on how the AEM box was installed.

Your problem seems like a tune/EMS issue.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by denny424
Oh yeah BTW for having an MR you should have been tuned in 4th gear and you hit fuel cut in 4th because you were creating a higher load. You tuner should have known to tune you in 4th because its a 1:1 gear ratio.
I understand what you're saying; however even AMS tuned my car in 3rd gear the majority of the time. He also did a couple runs in 2nd and 4th, but primarily he tuned third. So perhaps it's not as uncommon or "bad" as your statement implies.

But I know what your saying with the load ratio. I think 5th is the highest load on the car though isn't it? We tuned the EBC in that gear.

____

Now in reference to the original thread creator...man...sorry to hear about all your troubles. To be honest though--it sounds like a lot of it was brought on my inexperience/ignorance on both your part and your tuner's part. Personally I would have done A LOT more research into what's entailed and necessary before installing stuff in my engine. Then again--I was having trouble building my rear KW's because I was a little misinformed myself--so it happens.

In your situation, I'd take it to a competent tuner; hopefully you have one in your area. I'd also agree that it has more to do with your EMS than anything else or at the very least some perhiphial aspect of it.

Good luck. You'll need it.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cssaddictm4
When your AEM was installed your car was most likely switched to speed density. So when you switch to your stock ECU you have to change to the stock map sensor and put the MAF back in. This will be easy or difficult depending on how the AEM box was installed.

Your problem seems like a tune/EMS issue.
Thanks im going to try n swap out the ecu's today. I saw them do it a couple of times on my car when we were having troubles with the AEM. So it shouldnt be that big of a deal
Old Jan 13, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Yes 5th gear is the highest load. When tuning on a 6 speed 3rd gear just goes to quick and you really cant tune out the knock. He was on low boost with meth and still hit fuel cut so all that means was a bad tune. On top of it the kid shouldn't have been beating on it when he new his springs and retainers weren't in place for it and going hard in 3rd and 4th gear. I guess though he got the results he asked for and thats why his **** is the way it is now!

Quick Reply: Car wont start, need help fast!