Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Head to Head H2H Ep10, EVO IX RS Vs. EVO X

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2008, 12:41 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Head to Head H2H Ep10, EVO IX RS Vs. EVO X

H2H Subaru / Mitsubishi Tuner's Head 2 Head is Torque TV's exciting new series where two cars duke it out to see who is number 1. On this episode a '07 Mistubishi EVO IX RS (BASE MODEL EVO!) takes on a '08 Mitsubishi EVO X ( THE MR ULTRA EXPENSIVE SUPER DEE DUPPER MUCHO $$$$$ MODEL...)

For those who have stuck with the IX and resisted the urge to divulge into an Evo X, I would like to say thanks for sticking with the "Model for the true enthusiast"

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H...EVO_173593.htm
Old Jul 27, 2008, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
for some reason Im not surprise.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 02:10 AM

LOL @ comparing the RS and an MR.

They're two completely different creatures. The RS has had everything stripped out of it to make it the best track car possible. The MR has all the creature comforts added in.

Kinda like comparing apples and oranges, don't you think? Especially since there is an X RS model out now.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 02:18 AM
Account Disabled

I don't think so. The MR is supposed to be the "Mitsubishi Racing" version. Seems to be if you're going to spend 40k+ Shouldn't it be the badass version?

No matter what version, the IX IMO will always be better than the X. Forget comfort, if I wanted that I would have bought a Lexus. I want raw power.

But it's okay - I see you drive an X. You need something to justify the car you paid 40k++ for...
Old Jul 27, 2008, 02:31 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ not really. you pay more for...well more. the MR is all loaded up with everything u could want and is aimed at a higher income client base, the 3 series crowd as they like to call it. the rs is stripped out race car. easily prepped by guys that want to race them and companies that are building race cars. the gsr is the middle ground, the average joe racer daily driver car. they are priced accordingly to trim i suppose. so just because the MR cost more doesnt really mean it should be the baddest evo mitsu offers. just the most equipped.i think your thinking on a more american based automotive theory. for example. the zo6 outperforms the regular vette, thats why it cost more. same with the mustang and most car manufactors. the higher the price the better it gets the more you get. for some reason mitsu isnt like that in a sense. but thats just my 2 cents.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 02:35 AM
Account Disabled

Well even if it's the stripped out version. I would feel butt raped knowing a previous version of the Evolution ( a car that is supposed to Evolve as the number goes up) - stripped or not stripped owned my 40k++ MR X that I paid for Luxury for... It's an Evo - you don't buy an Evo for the Luxury. As I said before, if one wanted Luxury, for the same price I would buy a Lexus.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 02:48 AM
Evolved Member

i agree with you comp. but i think mitsu is doing just that. but not just evolving the car anymore but evolving the company. think about this. the customer base is growing and changing (evolving) for the evolution now. its no longer just for the boy racer in all of us so to speak. now there is a grown up trim level. more comfortable. quieter and can still perform pretty well in full trim. so as the fan base grows so does the technology and apparently price. i dont think its a bad thing.

now dont think im bias towards the x in any way. i still think the 7-8-9 are better performing cars. to go further my rally 4 and my old 3 are still to this day 2 of my favorite cars from a drivers perspective anyway. i can also see your point on being beat up by a older car in a car someone just paid 40k for. i would probably be a little pissed aswell.LOL. regardless i think the people that buy MR's are going to enjoy their cars just as much as you and i enjoy our 9's.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

MR is the combo of performance and amenities. obviously, if you want more performance, you need to sacrifice some amenities and vice versa.

if you want both performance and amenities, then you should get a Porsche GT2.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

all in all im content with my 8 the 9 is tight as well but 10 ahhhh im not too into it
Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
how did they pick the curb weight for the X MR ?

finally the Mopar guy had a chance to drive a real car too on track.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hytek369
MR is the combo of performance and amenities. obviously, if you want more performance, you need to sacrifice some amenities and vice versa.

if you want both performance and amenities, then you should get a Porsche GT2.
or anything else in that stratosphere.lol. fully agreed though.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by qubit
LOL @ comparing the RS and an MR.

They're two completely different creatures. The RS has had everything stripped out of it to make it the best track car possible. The MR has all the creature comforts added in.

Kinda like comparing apples and oranges, don't you think? Especially since there is an X RS model out now.
Motor Trend tested the VIII and VIII RS and VIII MR head to head on the same day and the MR was the fastest. If that's any indicator, and there's no reason it shouldn't be, a IX MR would have done just as well as the RS did in this test.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

The Evo X is still a badass car in my opinion. But it's aimed at a different clientele then the I-IX where. The car is "evolving" into a better all around car, with comfort AND performance. That's what many people want. Not that the IX wasn't uncomfortable, but FAR from luxery.

I think Mitsubishi has heard all the complaints from many auto magazines and TV shows about the cheap flimsy interior these cars have, espeically for the $30k price tag. I couldn't give a damn about the interior. Looks good enough for me. Seats hold me in place, and I'm comfortable. I have nothing to complain about.

I believe the Evo X has reached the goal that Mitsubishi has set for themselves. I'd love to buy one as a daily if I had the money
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Why do they list the EVO X MR as $32,990????? Shouldn't it be more like $42,990!?
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

What kind of shocks does a IX RS have I know its not a bilstein.

Quick Reply: Head to Head H2H Ep10, EVO IX RS Vs. EVO X