Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Overseas shopping

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overseas shopping

I live in Dubai, UAE, but need an evo shop which can provide me with all the parts I need to build up my evo bit by bit.

And to be arrange all the shipping to my door in the UAE, all without ripping me off.

Rather than going with some huge retailer i'd prefer to go with someone smaller who will personally be contactable if needed and provide excellent customer service.

I know its a lot to ask for but if anyone has any suggestions that would be a great place to start.

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 9, 2008, 06:37 AM

I had the same issue when I was looking to build my car. From my experience, there are also a lot of big vendors who care for their customers at least as the small retailers do. You should check their sales rating, customer feedbacks and threads about their products/services. The best ever that I dealt with were (and are) Phil from 201motorsports and Tom from ETS, but there are many others.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 07:20 AM

Check with Gruppe-S. I ordered a lot of my parts from them. Their prices were excellent, when I spoke with them personally, they were very nice people, and they have free shipping within the US so I'm sure in Dubai you would be able to get a decent shipping price. Also, I was very happy with Vivid Racing as well. Very very nice people working for them and very personable.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Phil from 201 Motorsports
Adam from Z1 Performance
Greg from GSC
Tom over at ETS
Chris from No Limit Motorsports
the guys over at TTP
Adam @ AWD
Carmela at JAM (Jackson Auto Machine)
Ryan at Buschur Racing

a whole bunch of good guys to deal with...and all of those listed above I have dealt with and have not had any issues with...

oh yea, and my car is Dominican Republic...not as far as Dubai but international nonetheless.

Good luck shopping.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 12:39 AM
Evolving Member

My friend why don't you try aramex, I think their head office is in Dubai, and they have a branch here in Kuwait, I order most of my parts through them and it arrives to Kuwait within a week or so.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 03:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HEY, i had 350Z, and now im on my evo... all my parts are from VIVIDRACING, AND u can contact BILLY ... very serious store,,, with best price ...
BTW im leaving in KSA and lebanon ..
Old Sep 10, 2008, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpeeDeviL
My friend why don't you try aramex, I think their head office is in Dubai, and they have a branch here in Kuwait, I order most of my parts through them and it arrives to Kuwait within a week or so.

Lumina SS coupe 2003 sucks lol
Old Sep 11, 2008, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

AMS Call eric
Old Sep 11, 2008, 08:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appreciate all of the kind words, thank you I'd be more than happy to set you up with anything you need
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for the replies guys. I've decided what I want, so just have to save up the cash now.

going with Cosworth M2 cams + springs & retainers, FP RED, ported 02 housing, 750cc injectors. keep you guys posted when im ready to order and we'll go from there.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
are you a member on www.evolve.ae ? If not I would start there Ryan, Moosa, and Tom can help you out quite a bit with their experiences with ordering parts into Dubai from the states....
Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:03 AM
Account Disabled

Thanks for the recommendations!

www.ttp-engineering.com/catalog
Old Sep 24, 2008, 11:40 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DxbIX
I live in Dubai, UAE, but need an evo shop which can provide me with all the parts I need to build up my evo bit by bit.

And to be arrange all the shipping to my door in the UAE, all without ripping me off.

Rather than going with some huge retailer i'd prefer to go with someone smaller who will personally be contactable if needed and provide excellent customer service.

I know its a lot to ask for but if anyone has any suggestions that would be a great place to start.

Thanks in advance
Let us know if we can be of international assistance. We have shipped to many clients in Dubai and 100% of our products are for Lancer Evolution only.