Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

No paypal?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No paypal?

I have pm'd several people on different things I want to purchase and the last 5 don't have paypal, relatively low sales ratings and only accept money order or check. Is EvoM going away from paypal for the majority and using only money orders and checks? ( The last 7 items I was looking at 5 want money order and the 2 things I did purchase the sellers had paypal)
Old Oct 18, 2008, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Paypal is a safer way to puchase online...most of the time that is. There shouldn't be any reason why someone cannot get a paypal account. If you have a bank account, you can get a paypal account. I hope it never happens to you but, beware of scammers, it can happen to anyone.
Old Oct 18, 2008, 10:21 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
paypal is the only way I will ever do business on a forum

I've done it over 35 so far
Old Oct 19, 2008, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Either they are too cheap to pay paypal fees or maybe they are up to something? I agree with the others. At least with paypal you will have a record of the money transfer unlike a money order.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 06:45 AM
Account Disabled

I only accept paypal or credit card for www.mellontuning.com and ran into a few countries that aren't allowed to use paypal in the middle east. So they send money order as it's their only option.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

If you are dealing with somebody within the United States I would suggest you use Paypal. It is there for YOUR protection. Do not send a check or a money order. There is no tracking mechanism for that means of payment.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

i love paypal
Old Oct 19, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

i accept / use paypal as a last resort...paypal IMO sucks, and i personally hate it. not everyone is a scammer, some people just dont like having other people or corps having access to thier bank account, lol...

i actually have 2 bank accounts, my main, and then one at a different bank for paypal that is only for paypal...
Old Oct 19, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolved8
i accept / use paypal as a last resort...paypal IMO sucks, and i personally hate it. not everyone is a scammer, some people just dont like having other people or corps having access to thier bank account, lol...

i actually have 2 bank accounts, my main, and then one at a different bank for paypal that is only for paypal...
So how else will you accept payment?
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:06 PM

I use pay pal for most of my transactions but I have never done a large transaction. If the transaction is like 20K how much would the fee be?
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MitsuEvo1
I use pay pal for most of my transactions but I have never done a large transaction. If the transaction is like 20K how much would the fee be?
If the transaction is 20k, there would be no other way than a face to face transaction. Large transactions should be handled responsibly. By BOTH parties.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 01:59 AM
Evolving Member

Use paypal, and if you have a problem receiving your goods. Don't bother with paypal. Go straght to your bank, have a charge back.

Last edited by emilebazin; Oct 27, 2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 02:21 AM
Evolved Member

Paypal is your friend son.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

Check those that have the highest sales ratings, they all accept paypal. I have no personal experience with getting burned or supposedly burned by a paypal transaction however, I have read many threads about it. I believe it is both the buyers and sellers PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY to ensure a legitimate transaction is taking place. If you have doubt in your mind, ask questions, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is. There have been a few rare exceptions where I have accepted a MO instead of paypal or face to face cash transaction. Always for a low dollar amount on something I wouldn't be afraid to right off as a lose if it came to it. Never more than $100. If someone has had for financial responsibility or hasn't fulfilled there obligations in the past that should be used as an indicator of there future potential to mess it up. Kinda like a credit rating. I'll get down off my soap box now!

Josh
Old Oct 27, 2008, 08:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Stick with paypal when dealing with non vendors. You have a chance with paypal to get your money back or by filing a charge back with the bank. If you send a money order or check there is nothing you can do.

Thanks,

Michael