Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Woke up to find...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woke up to find...

My tanabe exhaust is stolen... YES STOLEN. I've read about people's wheels being stolen. And mufflers being stolen was played off... I stayed at my gf's apartment in Long beach Ca. I come to the IX turn it on to warm it up only to hear a LOUD start up and idle. I quickly go outside of the car and look under to see if there's a huge hole. No holes but missing the axle back part. The midpipe is still there but no axle back. I also noticed the left side skirt is loose (coming off) and has crack damage towards the rear. My only guess they lifted the car on this side.

I am very very pissed off right now and was late to work because of this. Good thing though I still have my stock muffler. Went home real quick to pick it up and install on the car for the time being. Just a warning to all you guys. This isn't the first time my car was vandalized. Couple of months ago someone egged my car and just 6 months ago someone broke in my car to steal an ipod nano that was hiding in the glove compartment. They used a HUUUUGE rock to break my passenger window and left me a nice present. Which was the rock chilling waiting for me on the driver seat. I have NO idea where the rock came from in that area. But all I can say is that I hate downtown LB. And I am forcing my GF to move out. But good thing that there were no other damages on the car beside the splattered window and some minor scuff on the driver seat.

I really have no picture of the exhaust... and I will be keeping my eye on CL or something. The exhaust is fairly new. Bought about 2-3 months ago. I never took pictures of the exhaust... Never thought I should anyways. At this moment there should be no major scratch on it except maybe rock chips from DD. I know it's no help and I will never find it. But like I said this is a heads up for everyone. Wheels being stolen and now exhausts... ugh.

Oh and the exhaust is Tanabe Concept G (http://www.tanabe-usa.com/gblue.asp?id=9)

Was bought new at local shop... Looks like I'll have to find another one. Is it possible to buy the axle back by itself? Rather than buying the whole thing?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Wow stealing exhaust now. This world is messed up! Sorry for your loss...
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Just like the S2000, the now Evo has become cheap enough for low lifes to own now, this is why we are having a rash of thefts and people being scammed.

It happens with all cars. It gets me sick to my stomach.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am very sorry to hear that..

You know it's bad when companies design kits to help keep your cat on the car to get stolen.

Good luck on getting her to move.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

dude, thats a low for robbers. Stupid idiots, so sorry to hear this man!
Old Jan 19, 2010, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Sucks to hear bro.

Move out of Cali.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Man people are truly low lives out there
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

That sucks, my passenger side door got bent open for 3 CDS. I HATE thieves gl finding a replacment.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Unbelieveable.......sad that the thief was in all likelihood another evo owner/enthusiast.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by revvin9k
Just like the S2000, the now Evo has become cheap enough for low lifes to own now, this is why we are having a rash of thefts and people being scammed.

It happens with all cars. It gets me sick to my stomach.
very true.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:37 PM

I hate thieves. I got my car stolen before. The entire thing...stripped
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:55 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
Sucks to hear bro.

Move out of Cali.
there are scumbags everywhere...that won't help
Old Jan 19, 2010, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

I hate where she lives... parking sucks. 100% chance of ticket if you come home late. Cause you have no choice but to park in red. That whole place is a joke. There's a wait for garaged parking and never available.

She does want to move... and she will soon. Anyways, I'll see if I can get me just the axle back part. Good thing that rain did not start coming until now. Or else I'll be soaking wet all morning
Old Jan 19, 2010, 01:06 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm glad I live where I do with property and home invasion laws here people don't even think about it. They are likely to stare down a barrel of some sort as everyone here is pretty much a gun owner. Funny how crime is so low here. I guess dying is a pretty good deterrent.

This is why I don't live in California... I would have to run from the criminal for fear I might get in trouble for defending myself lol. I would also have to ensure my house was safe to rob, because I wouldn't want the criminal to sue me.

Last edited by fre; Jan 19, 2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
somewhere there is a happy ricer bragging about his EVO exhaust that added 50 hp to his car...pathetic

Quick Reply: Woke up to find...