Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

evo..rebuild.......sooooon n very

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink evo..rebuild.......sooooon n very

just wanted to start my own thread on my progress and what I hope to accomplish.....all thoughts are welcome as I am no expert...just been researching and trying to put together an affordable but strong street/drag car...

most likely will be updating this post constantly with pics and ideas when they come....
as some of you know from my other post my car did take a dive and its currently doggy paddlin back to the shore..

i'm sure as some of you may point out the need to say there are alot of threads out there about this...however my car isn't listed in any of them..

ideas for headwork

port/polish head
springs/retainers
kelford 272/272
1000 cc injectors

bottom

bearings
.020 over bore pistons
rods

port intake/exhaust mani
turbo??

valves...stock or 1mm over??...does it matter?
could use some help on deciding on pistons/rods

...as someone said in a post i read earlier "stay away from meth, it can ruin your life"

but for me..i would like a 93 pump setup..
if i could run high 10's i'd be happy with that...i have no set number on hp/tq to make

feel free to give insight
Old Jun 4, 2010, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Bro there countless set up for juicy power gains. I decided to do the bbk full. It all varies. How much power you plan to do. I like your cam choice I was debating something ike that too. lol I'm in the process of my power build too. But ya... A lot of people would say hey go this or that. It all depends on how much power YOU want out of your car. NOT anyone else. We are just here to give you them tips x] I can see you juicy your previous build is. I like. I wish I had money to blow that I can build what I want.

BBK full with the right setup man 93 pump gas. camshafts port exhaust manifold exahust etc. You will be pushing 400+WHP forsure. That's my idea for a good daily driver that doesn't suck up a shiz load of gas when you want to cruise.. lol just my .02 Everyone has a different build. Some people have the money =( cheers

BBK full pretty much upgraded stock turbo with better spool time and fits OE. So if you doing your own tune I think that be a great choice in a pick for your choices in power.

Last edited by AutOtaku; Jun 4, 2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

If your building your motor Id go black if you want a good turbo on pump only. You could go bigger but I think 10's are pretty achevable on pump with the black. UR 1000cc injectors should do the trick on pump also. I didnt do oversized valves or ported head on my car and I still have more room to make more power than I have now (which will happen soon). I just went with supertech valves and dual springs and retainers so I can rev the crap out of 4th gear going thru the traps. GL with the build
Old Jun 4, 2010, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

ill go map rev3 on the intake mani, and do 1mm oversize valves, is worth it.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Definately get a better turbo than stock if you plan on keeping the stock block and having the kelford 272 cams. I put those cams in before I upgraded to a FP black and 2.4 block. The low end loss is pretty significant and annoying if your used to the nice "pedal to the metal" feel.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
We really need to know what you are looking for? 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, LR variants, high compression, low compression, turbo choice, etc...

You do not need to upgrade the valves. ER race car 1100hp is still on stock valves.

It will be alot easier for you to look at me build and try to decide what direction you are looking at going! https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...tor-build.html Do you want a good daily driver, drag car, autox, etc...

There are so many different route that you can go, it is hard to point you in the right direction if we don't know kinda what you are looking for.

Mikey
Old Jun 5, 2010, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
We really need to know what you are looking for? 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, LR variants, high compression, low compression, turbo choice, etc...

You do not need to upgrade the valves. ER race car 1100hp is still on stock valves.

It will be alot easier for you to look at me build and try to decide what direction you are looking at going! https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...tor-build.html Do you want a good daily driver, drag car, autox, etc...

There are so many different route that you can go, it is hard to point you in the right direction if we don't know kinda what you are looking for.

Mikey
Yeah Mikey is right, I'd go with a larger displacement high compression ration. But I like low end torque and fast turbo spool. If you don't mind a laggier setup then you can stay with the 2liter and get something like a red or black.

It's really about what you want outta the car and how you want it to behave.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO

Mikey
2.0 build. stock compression mostlikely 9:1
car would be a dd/street/drag car..i wanna be able to go from work straight to track on pump...

haven't decided on turbo yet
Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:08 PM
Account Disabled

go with the FP black.
one hella of a turbo, thats all i can.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

i was going to go that route eventually...kind of over spending now as it is so i may pick up a 9 turbo and send it out to get blackenized for cheaper..

may be picking up a fully built 2.0 today..if all goes well!!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

looks like im most likely gonna rebuild my block...

will i need new oil pump/ water pump/ timin belt tensioner /pullies ..blah blah..

mine was last done 30k miles ago.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:55 AM

i would say go fp black also.. i was planning on upgrading to that myself
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
FP Black FTW. No reason to get anything smaller unless you are straight autox.

Mikey
Old Jun 11, 2010, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

i plan to get my hands on a evo 9..than have it converted..would be cheaper
Old Jun 11, 2010, 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Depending on how fast you want to put it back together, call CBRD about the BBK-B. It might be worth looking into if they will be producing it soon.

Quick Reply: evo..rebuild.......sooooon n very