Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

If you have an Evo RS: please look, need info on interior!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The best way I can describe it is like dynomat that comes stock in some areas of the car.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Does the RS carpet have insulation on the back and a fairly heavy rubber like backing material?

Yes, I pulled the dash to get the mat out. It's not a fun job. You could probably pull it out without removing the dash as the bolts and stuff going through it will allow it to tear and come out in pieces. That's how I got a similar mat out of a Toyota MR2 anyway. I had to pull the dash to get the A/C condenser out anyway.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
Yes, I pulled the dash to get the mat out. It's not a fun job. You could probably pull it out without removing the dash as the bolts and stuff going through it will allow it to tear and come out in pieces. That's how I got a similar mat out of a Toyota MR2 anyway. I had to pull the dash to get the A/C condenser out anyway.
I tried to rip the firewall mat out with pliers; it doesn't work. The rubbery mat is too stretchy and strong for that to work, and as you said, it's pinched in place by the HVAC stuff that's bolted to the firewall.

Last question, RS peeps: do your kick panels have these squares of carpet padding glued inside them?