Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need help cel light not workng!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evoixjohn
So I just got done picking up my evo from mitsu and they found out the front o2 sensor was sliced,so there was foul play from the last owner wtf,well good news is that I got a buddy that worked there and fixed the engine service light for free! Now I feel much better since its working,its a shame that someone would sell an EVO like that! Not telling them whats wrong with the car!
Its a shame that you would say that about me john!! I did not know that was the case!! i been driving the car like that for 2 years and no one at mitsu or TTP ever said anything to me. You would think they would of said something considering they replaced a transfer case and the clutch at the dealer and TTP saw the car many times for maintenance. I thought it was fine because i never had any issues with it so i always assumed it was ok.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JoNaH
Its a shame that you would say that about me john!! I did not know that was the case!! i been driving the car like that for 2 years and no one at mitsu or TTP ever said anything to me. You would think they would of said something considering they replaced a transfer case and the clutch at the dealer and TTP saw the car many times for maintenance. I thought it was fine because i never had any issues with it so i always assumed it was ok.
I didn't say u jonah lol key word (previous owner),relax jonah im just air-in out
Old Mar 8, 2011, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by reboundicon
Have you told the previous owner about that, wonder what he has to say. Also how did they manage to fix the CEL at the dealer?
I don't know im gonna find out,an old friend i guess now work at mitsu near me and he fixed it for free,this weekend were gonna rewire the 02
Old Mar 8, 2011, 02:12 PM

Wow, it's a shame to hear that someone did something that shady to an Evo. It's cool it all worked out for you, though.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know im gonna find out,an old friend i guess now work at mitsu near me and he fixed it for free,this weekend were gonna rewire the 02
Cool, be sure to post how you fixed it as it sure had me confused.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

There are a lot of newbies that can't afford the $300 front 02 sensor from the dealer and instead buy replacements from general auto parts stores and patch them into the stock wiring.

I'm sure the owner before Jonathan fubared it up as I know the seller of that car and he's a good guy.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:08 AM

is your Evo still boggin down and/or hesitating at Full throttle?
Old Mar 10, 2011, 09:50 PM

Just found out mine wasn't working today and I bought the car almost a year ago. I had my codes pulled just to check, 7 of them!! I haven't pulled out my cluster yet but I would recommend to everyone who notices this to fix it as soon as you can. The test pipe code is a cheap fix and well worth it in my mind. There are so many possible codes it's best to have that light working, just in case.

Hope you get your car all fixed up, good luck.