Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Good exhaust combo?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good exhaust combo?

I'm planning to get a greddy Ti-C cat-back, Ultimate Racing 3" test pipe, and a COBB downpipe 3". I want my turbo back to be a full 3". Do you guys know approximately how loud it might be in DB's? And is there some other exhaust set-up that you would recommend? Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

That'll be pretty loud. haha
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:55 PM
HN7
Evolving Member

I have the full Buschur TB system with the Evo SD muffler (loudest one they make beside muffler delete) and I get ~90 db on 1K idle. I used my phone and hold it 3 ft away so it's not exactly accurate but close enough.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

wrong section sorry :x
Old Sep 4, 2011, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the Greddy site.

GReddy Racing Ti-C Cat-back Exhausts combine the design, looks and flow of our Full Racing Titanium systems with the durability, deep sound, value and large application list of our other Stainless Steel street systems. This fusion of aggressive styling and practical construction, makes this the logical choice for both Race and Street Enthusiasts. It improves high and mid-range performance while still allowing for suitable sound levels when used with the included tuned Tri-mounted Silencer*. *(included with most applictions, Most applications below 92db, with all under 94db). The large list of applications include 80mm piping for Turbo applications and 50-60-70-80mm for Normally Aspirated vehicles. Made completely in Japan.
http://greddy.com/featured/5

I have the full comp. Ti-C. It is loud but not overly loud in my opinion. By the way the full Ti-C is 80mm which is just over 3".

Here is a short clip from the day I put it on.

Old Sep 4, 2011, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IX_MR
I'm planning to get a greddy Ti-C cat-back, Ultimate Racing 3" test pipe, and a COBB downpipe 3". I want my turbo back to be a full 3". Do you guys know approximately how loud it might be in DB's? And is there some other exhaust set-up that you would recommend? Thanks
What do you mean by "good"? Do you want pure power? Cheap? Loud/quiet?

For me, good is 3" Megan dp (must weld bung for wideband) 3" Ultimate Racing HFC, Tanabe Medalion Touring CBE. Yeah, it may neck down to 2.9" or whatever, but it is quiet as hell (or is it heaven?) Nice sporty tone, no drone.

For others, it's a BR full turbo back. Probably the least restrictive and not too expensive. Also going to be much louder than my setup.

So it depends on what you want. There are many different combinations to achieve sound. I screwed up hardcore on my first Evo and was never happy with it.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 11:26 PM

i vote for just a custom system, that way it would unique. me personally i like custom because tho aftermarket systems dont have much bends, i prefer to get a system that is tucked higher so i dont scrape.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 01:08 AM
Evolving Member

Should I just get the greddy TI-C turbo back? If yes, then what test pipe should I get? Or should I stick with the exhaust set up that I mentioned in the first post of this thread?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by IX_MR

lol i got the same set up. Dont know whatthe DB is but the ***** is loud. not a bad thing though. It sounds like a scary beast at the stop light with my hks 272 cams.
Its loud. its beasty.