Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Considering selling my Z06 to buy another EVO....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2011, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
I'm willing to bet more then half of the Evo owners (or Z06 owners for that matter) barely, rarely/if ever, track their cars competitively. I'm not talking once a year to have fun.....I'm talking at least 4-6 events a year at least and only mod for the sake of making their car more track ready.
There are some of us though; and the two cars I was looking at closely for track duty were a c6z06 and an Evo... I chose the Evo and haven't regretted it. Both cars are great track *****, and both have earned piles of racing accolades. They have benefits and disadvantages when modified for track use. I mostly just do HPDEs right now, but am very frequently on track with modified Corvettes, and have never wished I were in the other driver seat. Pick the car that speaks to you and matches your intended use. Now... when I'm on track with this 600 whp GT-R that runs in NASA Mid Atlantic I do get a twinge of jealousy... its pretty gd fast. I can't afford the upkeep costs on that thing though.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I understand where you are coming from. To be honest though, a C6 Z06 does not need much to be fast. Hell, bone stock on a drag radial they have gone 10.8s@125. Just depends on what you are looking for. Very minimal mods (bolt ons) can get you far but still be able to enjoy the car. Having a Built Evo myself, and a Z06 in the family i still lean towards the Evo being more enjoyble all around. The Z06 is bone stock but still a fun car to drive. My 02 is take your time in your decision. Cant go wrong with AWD and Boost Good Luck man.