Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How much for a 60k tune up for Evo IX usually cost? PLEASE HELP! =(

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tango|EVOLUTION
Thanks for the help, but I don't think I have the tools, I might go buy a set of wrench anyway tho. If small jobs like changing fluid and stuff that I can do at home, I would want to try, so I can save some money. I just need to make sure it's possible to work at home, my garage is small. Then I'll have the shop to do the big jobs, and give me another quote.
no problem. also if you do the spark plugs i recommend puting a litte grease on the threads as well as dielectrical compound in the spark plug wire to seal the electrical connection. just my .02 hope it helps you. also as for the fluids and stuff youll need to get the car in the air a little bit to make it easier on you or your gona have a fun time changing the fluids.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by GGevo921
no problem. also if you do the spark plugs i recommend puting a litte grease on the threads as well as dielectrical compound in the spark plug wire to seal the electrical connection. just my .02 hope it helps you. also as for the fluids and stuff youll need to get the car in the air a little bit to make it easier on you or your gona have a fun time changing the fluids.
Forget about the fluid then. LOL. I doubt changing the spark plugs myself would save me anything or even nothing, but I would try.

Anyone know where I can get the complete set of the stuffs in the list so I can bring to the shop and have them to do it just pay for labor? I don't want to buy the wrong parts.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Those prices are crazy and here I am looking to by an EVO.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by studioface
Those prices are crazy and here I am looking to by an EVO.
If you haven't get one, I suggest you not to get one unless you want to drain your pocket or you're rich or something. It's a nice car but it's been giving me a headache to pay the bills... sigh... I just changed my clutch not long ago for $1,500. I'm empty pocket now. LOL
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Forget about the fluid then. LOL. I doubt changing the spark plugs myself would save me anything or even nothing, but I would try.

Anyone know where I can get the complete set of the stuffs in the list so I can bring to the shop and have them to do it just pay for labor? I don't want to buy the wrong parts.
http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/ talk to brian and hell set you up with everything you need!
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by GGevo921
http://www.streettunedmotorsports.com/ talk to brian and hell set you up with everything you need!
OK. Thanks. I'll try to work with him.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

$700 labor is pretty steep. Parts-wise you could probably save 10-20% depending on your source. I did my 60k service (at approx 70k) without plugs and wires with a cam install and LICP install and I got it all done for around $800. I did my fluids at 60k myself.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:56 PM

I just looked at my 60k service receipt from GST. Price is almost the same as the invoice you received. it is expensive

I don't think you're going to save much if you're only going to do the spark plug and oil change labor yourself. bulk of the labor is timing belt. i say just have the shop do the whole 60k service maintenance. you pay a little more but you get peace of mind.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by EVilMonkeyMR
I just looked at my 60k service receipt from GST. Price is almost the same as the invoice you received. it is expensive

I don't think you're going to save much if you're only going to do the spark plug and oil change labor yourself. bulk of the labor is timing belt. i say just have the shop do the whole 60k service maintenance. you pay a little more but you get peace of mind.
Should I still buy parts myself and have them do it though?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:15 PM

Should I still buy parts myself and have them do it though?
unless you can find the required parts for a lot lot cheaper, i'd say no because shipping costs will just add up. FFTEC will not charge you shipping cost.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:31 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the help, but I don't think I have the tools, I might go buy a set of wrench anyway tho. If small jobs like changing fluid and stuff that I can do at home, I would want to try, so I can save some money. I just need to make sure it's possible to work at home, my garage is small. Then I'll have the shop to do the big jobs, and give me another quote.
changing the spark plugs is super easy! you can take that off for sure you can do it. they have a place on this forum that shows and tells you how to do everything! including timing belt change.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 03:39 PM

$800 done of what I was about to do... I wish I lived there.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-service.html
Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

I was told when I got my 60k done that the water pump wasn't really necessary. They said something along the lines of that their track car (and many others who track their cars) haven't had any problems when not replacing it during the service.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
$800 done of what I was about to do... I wish I lived there.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...t-service.html
This seems to be a good fair price for the timing belt job. Parts are about 500 from our vendor Mitsubishiparts.net and figure 200-400 labor low end to high end.

Do it a few times and you get pretty quick.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Seems way to high. Look for your own parts for cheeper and learn to do the plugs, it's really easy. Then pay the labor on the t belt and whatever else you are uncomfortable with doing.

Quick Reply: How much for a 60k tune up for Evo IX usually cost? PLEASE HELP! =(