Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

LICP blowing off... ah...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sadevoowner
2.5 Didnt even fit. 2.75 barely fit.
I am using the exact same set of t-bolt clamps that I linked from siliconintakes.com. I was previously using a stock fmic with the nesei licp, and am now using the ETS 3.5 fmic with the same t-bolt clamps. The kit I linked will work. I'd argue that the clamp you're using may not be the size you believe it to be, or you've got some huge aftermarket pipes and fmic inlet.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I remember carrying around a 10mm deep socket and a socket wrench with my car. Many a times pulled over on 10 fwy in fontana either wrenching on the intake manifold hose or under the car wrenching on a intercooler hose. Still miss that car though,
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by desiromeo812
Where In norcal Are you? I dont mind helping you out.. PM me if you still need help
I'm in Modesto, what about you?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Yep, like others said, get the full T-bolt clamp set and you won't have to worry about it anymore. But you really should get the silicon couplers too. Those stock ones wear and don't hold as well.

http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...511c500a431d94

I've also had to have a deep 10mm socket with me just in case in the past. No more.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by boozeup&riot
I am using the exact same set of t-bolt clamps that I linked from siliconintakes.com. I was previously using a stock fmic with the nesei licp, and am now using the ETS 3.5 fmic with the same t-bolt clamps. The kit I linked will work. I'd argue that the clamp you're using may not be the size you believe it to be, or you've got some huge aftermarket pipes and fmic inlet.
If you have 2.5 inch piping, plus the hose that goes around it is maybe like 1/8 an inch, common sense is you need a bigger clamp than 2.5 inches right?
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

I'm in Modesto, what about you?
SF I can help you down here
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

If you have 2.5 inch piping, plus the hose that goes around it is maybe like 1/8 an inch, common sense is you need a bigger clamp than 2.5 inches right?
I can tell you I've got 2.5 inch couplers, and 2.5 inch t-bolt clamps. No, common sense tells me that a 2.5 inch tbolt clamp would accommodate a 2.5 inch OD pipe and coupler. They are a bit bigger than the pipe+coupler, but clamp down very well for their spec'd size. The kit I've linked and others have referenced is tried and true for many, many forum members here. Have you taken a look at the link? It's a kit specifically for our cars. If you don't want to take my advice, no worries. I'm just trying to help, not argue.

Last edited by boozeup&riot; Feb 26, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:20 AM

I appreciate your help not trying to Argue at all. Okay so do put the bolt back on the t clamp after u put it on or should it be able to slide on the pipe and over the hose? Because mine there was no way it could slide over it was impossible.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

I appreciate your help not trying to Argue at all. Okay so do put the bolt back on the t clamp after u put it on or should it be able to slide on the pipe and over the hose? Because mine there was no way it could slide over it was impossible.
Yessir, if indeed its a 2.5 inch t-bolt clamp. What I actually did was take the nut all the way off, then open up the clamp, and put it over the pipe and coupler. *THEN* tighten it down. At first it may appear as though there's very little slack to tighten down on the bolt. My own experience was that I just slowly tightened anyway, and the nuts screw down about 1/4 inch or so and are plenty snug.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

t-bolt clamps from silicone intakes + forge silicone couplers solved all of my issues. With t-bolt clamps only I stopped blowing off my LICP but I started blowing off the UICP at the throttle body. The forge kit fixed that perfectly, got it for a good price too from MAP.