Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Causes of knock...Should i worry?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well if your going to get it tuned, id recommend to replace the plugs make sure the gap is the same on all them prior to the tune. Will make it easier on your tuner, to tune around your possible phantom knock, and if it is that then make some adjustments on your knock sensor in the ecu, to keep the light from blinking. While you replace the plugs check your ignition coil boots and plug wires make sure there good. These small things will keep your car from disappointing you on dyno day, and also will help ensure ruling out most potential issues with random knock.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by dastallion951
Well if your going to get it tuned, id recommend to replace the plugs make sure the gap is the same on all them prior to the tune. Will make it easier on your tuner, to tune around your possible phantom knock, and if it is that then make some adjustments on your knock sensor in the ecu, to keep the light from blinking. While you replace the plugs check your ignition coil boots and plug wires make sure there good. These small things will keep your car from disappointing you on dyno day, and also will help ensure ruling out most potential issues with random knock.
I talked to my tuner and he told me that as well. I have new oem plugs in the garage waiting to install them before i go. Im waiting to hear from him about gap because it seems that a lot of people run .022 which is what i was going to gap them to. Thanks for the input guys