Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looking for Cheapest Car Shipping company! HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2004, 03:49 PM
CJK
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for Cheapest Car Shipping company! HELP!!!!!!

so far one quote I have received was from:
http://www.dasautoshippers.com and they were $895 from San Antonio to Seattle Wa.

Anyone know somone or company that could give a deal?! Help please!

Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2004, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

You should be able to find a place that's closer to $500 to ship, wish I could remember the name... might take awhile for them to get it to you however. Wish I could be of more help, best of luck.
Old Jan 28, 2004, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Hey CJK, Did you buy your car out in Texas, or just moving from there? Just curious...
Old Jan 28, 2004, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Hey did you check out the auto transport directories online? A search on Google reveals some:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=car+transport

Good luck!
Old Jan 28, 2004, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

I need an answer to this question as well. Need my car shipped from Tampa FL to Albuquerque NM.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 05:12 AM
CJK
Evolving Member

Hey scoobyboost, thanks a lot for the help, if anyone else has used a shipping co. please let me know!

Scoobyboost, I am looking at purchasing a daily driver from Texas....bought my Evo from Bellevue mitsu.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

IMHO, looking for the cheapest shipper is a possibly dangerous way to search.

I have heard of people getting damaged cars from 'cheap' shippers. I've heard of people losing track of their car during the shipping process with cheap shippers....ie, it was supposed to take 2 days to deliver the car...now a week later, my car isn't here andI can't get ahold of the driver.

I would think that the quality of the shipping company should come first, then price.

$800 seems to be on par for shipping a car that distance with a reputable carrier. When I was looking at prices to ship my 61 Austin Mini from VA to CA, I was getting prices that ranged from $900-$1300. I ended up hiring a guy who ships cars, one at a time, on a trailer hitched to his van. It was a little more than $1k to move the Mini, but it arrived in perfect condition!

SC~
Old Jan 29, 2004, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

You might have already thought of it, but call your local automobile club and/or insurance company. They should have referrals for you.

Another place to try would be household goods movers like Bekins, United, or Allied. Agents should be in the yellow pages.

Afterall, you are giving someone who you don't know your car and keys. A couple of hundred dollars might be worth some piece of mind.

Buyer beware!
Old Jan 29, 2004, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Years ago I shipped my car coss country and regret doing it. First off they promised 10 days and it took 23. Little did I know, my car was dropped off in Alabama and left there until they had a truck going west.
On top of that, they put some 18 miles on my car and used almost half a tak of gas. Why? Because the battery died and they jumped it and let it idle a few hours. This in turn fouled my spark plugs. There was mud on my floor mats and also on the passenger side.
When the car finally came, and I saw it was running like crap, dirty interior, miles, I refused to pay and the truck driver almost assaulted be. F'ing red neck.
That's what happens when you look for the cheapest carrier.

I have driven cross country a few times since and I will not ever ship my car again. I will always drive it myself and ship my goods.
I think it's a waste of money. I made it across in three days and about 200 in gas. Plus my car was with me at all times.
Do yourself a favor, but a bra for the trip and drive your car. Unless it's a classic car or show car, then drive it or even pull it yourself with a U-Haul and full carrier trailer.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Cheapest way to ship is a one-way plane ticket and gas money.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Try Pm'ing Designmanfx he shipped his car from SFLA to Vegas for SEMA and I dont know that I heard of him having any issues.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Wow at Bellevue eh? Sorry for dropping off topic, but I'm curious how your buying experience was. I thought the sales guys I talked to there were asses. I decided not to do business with them and went to Walker Renton. They wouldn't budge on their $5k markup.

They were really cool at Walker and I didn't have to screw around with haggling. I just told em the price I was looking for and they said ok.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 03:58 PM
CJK
Evolving Member

Bellevue was alright...turns out they screwed up my financing and by the time I came back in to talk to them...they had sold my car! So they came down to 29k for the Evo and gave me 18 for my wrx and then they forgot to have me sign off on my payoff amount (that little box underneath trade in) on my wrx...so they had to eat that one to!!! Ha! Won't go back there...seems like they are a dealership that needs better buisness experience...it seemed like their dealership was unprofessional? That was the story in the nutshell...oh, and to get a weightless white evo, I decided to have them drive me down to Portland and I drove it back...Very nice drive by the way!
Old Jan 29, 2004, 08:03 PM
choad

Hey..

I have shipped countless cars sight unseen across the country to satisfied clients..

Here:
Schilli Transport

Ask for Jeff Lyon..
Tell him Blain sent you from Lexus of Brookfield ..

Not only will he remember me, but he will take care of you ..

FWIW..

Old Jan 29, 2004, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

That's along the lines of what I saw at the Bellevue dealership. White Evo... There can't be many of those around here. I think I've seen your car drive by once. I've seen one Evo on the road since I got mine and it was white.

Sounds like you made out pretty well though. Glad to hear it!

BTW have you ever gone out to the Bothell Burger Master? I've heard a lot of enthusiasts hang out there on Saturday nights, but I've never been myself.