Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

master clutch cyl?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i just re read your post, it says you bleed your brakes and then checked your clutch pedal. you know the bleed screw for the clutch is on the slave cylinder? not the brakes. i'm sure you were in rush when you wrote this post LOL
Old Dec 4, 2013, 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lmao yes i bled the slave cylinder not the brakes lmao
Old Dec 4, 2013, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

yup off to the hobby shop tomorrow i guess.... oh well round two with my tranni... you think comp clutch will back this up? if it is a clutch failure, or like its welded to the plate or something? i mean used an oem TOB,
Old Dec 4, 2013, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
did you install this clutch yourself? improper clutch adjustment can cause "drag" shortening the life of the clutch substantially, especially hard pulls/drag racing/road racing and so on.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 09:05 PM
Evolving Member

installed myself, adjusted by adjusting the screw behind the pedal until i was un able to press in the slave with my finger, then went back until i was able to puch it, then left it there... im so bummed...
Old Dec 10, 2013, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

for anyone interested, my flywheel is basically welded to my flywheel, i guess the clutch slipped so hard, the ceramic pisk melted to the flywheel, and whenever i stopped it froze up against it, my clutch fork is stuck half way in the travel, my tob is in place and trying to do its job, it just cant because the fork cant push all the way foward... (towards the passanger side) because its melted together... anyone have any idea how to get it un stuck? once i do, resurface the flywheel is a must, and i have an all new clutch kit on its way, ive just never heard of this before...
Old Dec 10, 2013, 07:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Holy crap. Did you do proper break-in on the clutch? Have you contacted Comp? Did you notice it slipped super hard or are you just speculating? I'm about to throw that clutch in my car and this has me slightly scared.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
look up in the inspection hole whole someone turns the motor over by hand so you can see the entire clutch, this happened to me once and one of my springs popped out on my pressure plate.

****Nevermind I see you found the problem.******
Old Dec 11, 2013, 02:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by terror rising
Holy crap. Did you do proper break-in on the clutch? Have you contacted Comp? Did you notice it slipped super hard or are you just speculating? I'm about to throw that clutch in my car and this has me slightly scared.
I did do proper break in, but it was mostly my fault when it slipped, it was my foot to the pedal, not the actual clutch that was slipping. I contacted comp and they explained to me the if the ceramic disk is over burnt, them it will tend to melt. Just don't slip out like a mad man like I did and you will be fine. Unless something broke off in between the clutch plate and pressure plate and is lodged on there, then it's definately welded, don't worry, cc is a great company and there are lots of high end shop that still use them