Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

"Junk Box" EVO Gone But Not Forgotten.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Junk Box" EVO Gone But Not Forgotten.

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this is the right section to make this thread, but I figured I would make it here anyway. I just want to thank everyone on EVOm for the support and encouragement over the years with my car. I recently which I will probably regret one day parted out my EVO "Junk Box". It was a tough decision to do so, but with a new business I recently started, my time and mind for half of this year wasn't really in drag racing. I decided to part it out and focus on other things. A lot of parts went really fast which I'm glad they did. A few major parts are going on some fast EVO's so at least they're being put to good use lol .

I've had this car for 6 years, bought It bone stock and turned it into one of the cleanest and quickest EVO's out there. I have gone through a lot of setups throughout the years. I was literally thinking about this the other day, but I have gone 13s, 12s, 11s, 10s, 9s, and 8s in this car lol. I have met a lot of people that turned into close friends over the years with the car. I will always remember track days, events, and of course my favorite weekend the DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout.

A lot of people said that I parted out my car to build the GTR, but I have no intention on building the GTR. I am leaving it a stock turbo/stock motor car and enjoying it the way it sits. I will still attend the Shootout and hope to watch everyone break records or just set new personal bests. I wouldn't miss that event for anything, always a great time with friends and of course we get to see some badass cars!

I have hit every goal I wanted to do in this car. I couldn't do it without the help of my friends and Boostin Performance who built and tuned the car. Devin has worked and tuned my cars since day one back when I had my first EVO in 2007. Boostin and myself are a great team. They really helped me get this car to where I wanted it. We both set goals for this car, and we accomplished every single one. Getting the car into DSPORT Magazine has always been one of my goals. It was an honor to be in that magazine and the whole article turned out awesome. The only goal we didn't meet was the USA record for the EVO CT9A. That which we all knew would've been a very hard record to beat. Towards the end of the season, my mind wasn't in it as much and made the decision to part/sell the car. I truly thank them for everything they did for me and the car and maybe one day we can build another one haha .

The Junk Box's best pass to date was 8.67 @ 168mph on the T3 Super 99 turbo. My best trap speed was 174mph with ease. I made some changes, went to a new turbo setup. The car towards the end of the year had the potential to set a new ET to beat the record, but it seemed as if my luck wasn't the greatest towards the end. I was bending shifter cables, car has some break up issues that was later resolved. At the Shootout it was a little disappointing. We had just finished putting on the new turbo setup before hand. The car was only seeing 40-42psi the whole weekend with a best pass of 9.0. It turned out the waste gate diaphragm was bad. Came back from the Shootout, put on a new PTE waste gate, car trapped 174mph with a decent amount of room left. You live and you learn, but overall I still had a great weekend out there.

Overall I had a great 6 years racing this car and being on EVOm. I have also learned a lot on this site. We are all here for the community, so I hope my car inspired some people out there. I hope to someday get back into an EVO. They are truly one of the most fun cars I've driven. Nothing like a 4G63. I will be around EVOm still and I plan to be at events as much as possible next summer. Thanks everyone for the support/help/and encouragement over the years!

Here's some pics of the car and some of my quickest passes. I do have the 174mph pass that still needs to be uploaded which I will do later.

Here's the best passes to date in the car:

Last edited by Evosick2332; Dec 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of my favorite Evos on this forum, especially since it was so fast yet privately owned. Good luck with your business endeavors!
Old Dec 10, 2014, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MaLo EvoVIII
One of my favorite Evos on this forum, especially since it was so fast yet privately owned. Good luck with your business endeavors!
Thanks Man! I will for sure miss it. I had a lot of fun drag racing over the years.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sad to hear you sell it but sometimes things change in life and have to move on.

Had the chance to see this beast at the Shootout, all i can see is,
Clean and Beautiful Machine.

Good lucky on the future plans.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 08:08 PM

awesome car
Old Dec 11, 2014, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

No doubt the JunkBox was an inspiration to many Joey, myself included! You got me hooked on dragging the Evo down the 1320

Glad I could be there throughout the years to see the progression. Every goal you set was met until you decided to part ways that screams dedication! Best of luck with business I'm sure it will do very well.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've always enjoyed seeing the progress of this car! Good luck with your business sir!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I am sure going to miss racing this car. It was a lot of fun. Now when I'm at the tracks, I can relax and watch everyone race. For years I was always sitting in the staging lanes hahaha.

I hope to one day get back into an EVO. I would like to build a nasty street car again if I were to start over. I missed driving the Junk Box when it was a street car. 800-900whp on the street is a lot of fun lol .
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
The "Junk Box" was certainly one bad machine and will never be forgotten. Thank you for the kind words Joey and thank you for the opportunity to be a part of such an epic build!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostin Perform
The "Junk Box" was certainly one bad machine and will never be forgotten. Thank you for the kind words Joey and thank you for the opportunity to be a part of such an epic build!
You're welcome, I couldn't have done these goals without you guys. All the hard work, and late nights into this car paid off and it is much appreciated. I know next season I'm going to be kicking myself in the a** for selling the car seeing everyone at the tracks and stuff LOL. Oh well, maybe one day in the future I'll be back!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 06:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Evosick2332
You're welcome, I couldn't have done these goals without you guys. All the hard work, and late nights into this car paid off and it is much appreciated. I know next season I'm going to be kicking myself in the a** for selling the car seeing everyone at the tracks and stuff LOL. Oh well, maybe one day in the future I'll be back!

Maybe. But you still have the GTR for your 1/4 fix!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Boostin, what catch can is that pictured there behind the drivers head light?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostin Perform
Maybe. But you still have the GTR for your 1/4 fix!
That is very true! lol. I think I'll be at the track more then I think next summer hahaha.

Originally Posted by PureDsm

Boostin, what catch can is that pictured there behind the drivers head light?
That is a custom Toxic-Fab Catch can. I don't think he offers it on his website, but he can make you one if wanted.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

The Junk Box shell is available as of right now. I haven't made a FS post on the forums about it yet, but if someone is interested in a clean drag shell please let me know. I will give you all the details.