Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

anyone been denied an accident claim because you didn't have front/rear crash beams?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone been denied an accident claim because you didn't have front/rear crash beams?

I know there's threads out there discussing the cons of removing your front/rear crash beams for accident insurance reasons.

But what I'd like to know is, now that it's been more than 10 years since people with evo 8's/9's installing the JDM 9 rear bumpers &/or removing the front crash beams, has anyone actually been denied a claim by their insurance company after an accident due to the front and/or rear crash beam not being there?

Said another way - has anybody's insurance company said - we're not paying to repair this car because it didn't have a front or rear crash beam.

Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
My insurance tried to deny fixing my 9 se because they said I had aftermarket wheels/brakes/bumper/and pump etc because there system didn't properly differentiate between a lancer and an evo. Had to go get all the oem part numbers...10k payout to fix the car and they proceeded to drop me