Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Situational Ticking Sound

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2017, 04:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Situational Ticking Sound

Hello,

I've searched and searched the forums and saw a lot of ideas of what my sound could be and have tried everything. The engine has 500 miles on it since being rebuilt and has made this sound since the 1st mile; I feel like it's getting louder but it could be my paranoia. Everything is new. My ticking noise comes on between 3-4k RPMs and only while it's in vacuum and light throttle. It doesn't tick at idle, while the car is stationary, nor above 4k rpms. Also, I'm running GSC no tick lifters. I'm going to buy the specialty tool to remove the lifters and rebleed just to be sure. No exhaust leaks, no cat, manley rods and crank, wiseco pistons, gsc s2 cams w/springs, new crank pully, new belts with tensioners, cam timing is perfect, wastegate is tight with a new turbo. No EGR and nor brackets behind the intake manifold. No balancing shafts. New Exedi Twin Plate clutch. Fresh transmission rebuild. All fluids are fresh and topped off. New Spoolinup COPs. Knock sensor isn't picking anything up. Fresh 10w-30 oil this morning. Is there anything I'm missing that I could check before I tear out the bottom end again? 2005 SSL Evo 8 fyi.

I will add a video soon.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
have to hear it but do you have an ebc? mines ****ed with me for a while until i realized it was ticking...its a rapid tick...